Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2015, 11:01 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Friendly wave made me smile

After a weekend of South Dakota pheasant hunting, I pointed my coach towards home. The wind was blowing and the grain trucks from the local harvest were totally ruling the road. Travel was challenging. I had gone nearly 100 miles and not seen another RV. Then suddenly on highway 83 I spied a fellow RV'er. As our coaches passed each other, he gave me the friendliest wave ever, which I returned with enthusiasm. It made me smile. 2 days later and I'm still smiling. Damn I love this life and the people in it . . . .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've tried waving at other MH drivers but never seem to get one back.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:26 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Just keep waving Mr D -- keep waving.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:39 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'd wave more but by the time I see RV'ers wave they're gone...
Waved so much on my motorcycles my left arm's got arthritus now....
Old 10-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I always wave at other RV'ers but most of the time I can't see whether they wave or not.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #6

Oh boy, another wave thread is coming to life.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #7

And why not another wave thread! I'm a member of the wave brigade!

And yes, the RV'ing community is usually a friendly group.

Will not dive into the wave only when safe, the raise the full arm wave, the lift of a hand from the wheel, the nod of a head, the do I wave at all - or only fellow XXXXXX's (Fill in your Class A, B, C, 5th, TT, TC here.), only if I see they see me wave, wave only when their fully clothed, wave while drinking a cup of coffee, wave and a honk to those with he same manufacturer I have, the wave.... Oh, yeah, was not going into all of that...

If you see CC coming at you, with a bearded driver and a beautiful DW sitting in the passenger seat. Please toss us a wave back!!

Be safe, have fun, and salute (well, wave) to all,
Smitty
Old 10-20-2015, 11:03 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I always flash my headlights first and then wave. I get a wave back about 3/4 of the time.
Procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexring View Post
After a weekend of South Dakota pheasant hunting, I pointed my coach towards home. The wind was blowing and the grain trucks from the local harvest were totally ruling the road. Travel was challenging. I had gone nearly 100 miles and not seen another RV. Then suddenly on highway 83 I spied a fellow RV'er. As our coaches passed each other, he gave me the friendliest wave ever, which I returned with enthusiasm. It made me smile. 2 days later and I'm still smiling. Damn I love this life and the people in it . . . .
We took 83 in SD from i80 up to I90. Man that was a rough stretch of road. Never saw one RV on the whole stretch..
Old 10-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #10

We always wave when we're on undivided roads. But like Joe, we usually can't see the folks going the other way.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Im new to the motorhome world and ive been waving constantly at other RV'ers. Im a Wrangler owner so this is not new to me. Just assumed its was proper to wave.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #12

I wave if i see another mh in time. It is almost always hard to see if thry wave bsvk but will.vontinue to wave at fellow RVers.
clinardhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #13
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Hi my name is Les. I stand before you and say "I am a waver". In fact I'm already in the 12 step program for waving.

It all started as a child waving at all the truckers and people my dad passed on the road. Then it graduated to waving at girls. I think this was when it started to get out of control and I recognized I had a bit of a problem.
I waved at other bikers when I had a bike however many bikers didn't wave back and I started to get a complex.
Once I got a boat, then it seemed like I waved more. My wife often told me she thought I was a bit obsessed.

Once we got the RV though, I found myself almost waving at everyone and everything. If it moved, I waved at it. I would be careful though If my wife was watching, I would try to sneak a wave in whenever I could so as not to raise any alarm because she already thought I was obsessed.
She could tell when I had been waving heavily by the perspiration marks on my shirt when she did my laundry. I found her starting to watch me when I flinched to see if I was going to wave. She said she thought I needed help. I had now become a closet waver, waving discreetly while wearing sunglasses. That is, till my wife caught me and said "Either it's me or the waving, you make the choice"!

So....being the smart man, I picked her.

That was 4 years ago now.
After being in the program, I have a lot better control over my waving. My sponsor tells me I'm doing great.
I just wave at RVers now. Other vehicles will pass and My wife will look over at me and we smile at each other knowing I pretty much got this licked.
I have to watch though cause I know I'm always just one wave away from needing help.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I love the biker wave -- just point your left arm down and slightly forward. No other movement required.

Sunset4K - I was probably at least a couple hundred miles north of I90 on Hwy 83 when I got that wave. Somewhere not far south of Selby but well north of Pierre.