Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #1

From Class A to Class C

Been thinking of trading our 2000 Fleetwood Flair off for a Class C about 30 ft also, wondering if there is a sight that has a trade classified-problem is New roof in spring of 2015,also replaced the 13.5 with a new 15 thousand Air Cond,
new hot water heater summer 2015, all tires are 2yrs old, 4 new Bilstein shocks,rear trac bar made and installed, flat screen replacing older mode tv, no slide, 58,000 miles but for a trade in it ain't worth much over Kelly blue book
Supposedly a class C would be easier to drive for my wife- Rich
pauperspride.blogspot.com
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Go rent a class C for a weekend, or a couple days midweek may be cheaper and let her drive it. It may be money well spent. 1st, you may find that 30 feet is 30 feet and it's not that much different to drive. 2nd, it will give you some insights as to what you may like or dislike on a class C. After you've traded your class A it's too late if you change your mind. Just my .02 worth.

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have had 3 class C and 2 class A coaches. I would never go back to a class C.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
I would never go back to a class C.
Same here!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #5

I actually don't think a 30ft Class C is = to a 30ft Class A

To me the C's drive much bigger thn they are :( They do not deal with the wind, road conditions, twisty roads as well as a class A

If you are considering a update I would drive a newer class A as well as a class C. There have been some huge updates to the class A's over the last 10 or so years. t The last Class C I was in still rode horrible compared my my gas class A.
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We had a 31 ft Class C. My wife probably used it more then we did, drove it all over the SE to dog shows.

We now have a Class A, a Monaco Windsor 38 PKD, which is almost 40' long. My wife has driven this all over the Eastern US to dog shows.

Both her and I believe the Class A is easier to drive then the Class C. We sit higher so have better visibility in front and the rear view mirrors are out further so you can get a better view, they also have the 3 mirror configuration, and also have a rear view camera.

The Class A handles much better then the Class C, it doesn't get blown off the road in high winds or when semi's pass. It is also more comfortable to drive.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #7

Retired Fire Service RVer's
My DW and I are fairly new to the RV scene but we love the way our class a Tiffin Allegro Bus rides and handles. When we are rolling down any interstate, at 57 mph, it is a smooth comfortable ride...even in a crosswind. We have never owned a class c but all our friends with class a love them....JMHO
Paramedic 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Ditto on doing a test drive before you make the change. In our case we went from a 32' Class C to a 34' Class A because of the floorplan. (And other posters are so very correct, floorplan is the deciding factor in long term RV enjoyment). Was astonished how much better I liked driving the Class A over the Class C, though. Visibility is far superior and I like sitting higher.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:48 AM   #9

class A to class C

Well it looks like we are better off with the A instead of looking at C's and ending up with handling problems-our A does handle good,, but little to large for MA to drive,Thanks people for the input RICH & AUD
pauperspride.blogspot.com
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, class c