Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Front End Alignment and Wind Noise

So, after 6 months with the 2015 Hurricane, decided to go get a front end alignment. I already thought I had a good ride, a slight vibration that I chalked up to ...thats just how a truck drives. Well, alignment checked and tweaked, front tires balanced and trued! Both front tires were out of round, one slightly, the other noticeably as I watched it spin. The fascinating part was the machine they used to shave a bit of rubber off the tire, to round it out. Never seen that done before, and a nice difference ....driving home, that slight vibration was gone, tracked straighter, and front noticeably better.....First time that driving on the highway was a one handed affair! This was done in preparation for the SafeTplus that will be installed tomorrow.

As a side note.....next on the to-do list was diagnose wind noise from around the lower windshield...side window area. Turns out it was the outside mirror placement! While I was waiting for my turn on the alignment rack, I decided to adjust my mirrors....the actual mirror housing. Loosed the allen nut, made my adjustments, and thought nothing about it...until the drive home. Something was strangely out of place driving home...I realized I could actually hear myself think, and the majority of the wind noise was gone. Had no idea that could be such and issue...

Good day overall with the MH!!
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

My wind noise turned out to be the orientation of the roof top spotlight. If I turn it to face the rear while driving, the 60 mph whistle goes away. Only took me a year or so to figure that out...
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, wind noise