Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #1

Front Flip Down TV.

2003 Monaco Executive.
I can't get the tv on with the key on.
I have a silver box in the side panel of the fold down box, that the tv is plugged into. It has a bunch of led lights on it. I know it controls the tv power. Pulling the fuse shuts down the box and kills tv power.

Anyway to fool this box?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440033197180.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	103911

Here is a pic of the box.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would image that it's tied to ignition switch. My front TV shuts off as soon as I turn the key on. Supposed to be a drivers safety item. I would turn on the TV, then the ignition key on, if it shuts off. It's a safety feature.
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #4

There has to be a hidden relay somewhere..that when power hits it...pulls power from that box. Maybe an ignition wiring diagram would show it. Or I could just pull power from another outlet.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Use a volt meter and determine which of the wires has 12v when the ignition switch is on. Disconnecting that wire should disable the power interlock. The relay is probably inside the outlet box.
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #6
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
You will find that the style of plugin has additional wires going to it aside from the 110v. Simply either remove the extra wires and cap them or, replace the plugin outlet with a standard plug outlet. You should still cap the additional wires as they are for the ignition cut off system.

I've done this in two coaches so the kids could watch a video while I'm driving.
The angle of the TV above makes it almost impossible for the driver to watch it anyway so I don't know why this is switched by an ignition cutoff.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #7

There are actually state laws regarding where the TV can be viewed while the vehicle is on the road. For instance, in Alabama, "No television viewer, screen or other means of visually receiving a television broadcast shall be located in a motor vehicle at any point forward of the back of the driver's seat or in any manner so that the driver of the vehicle can see it while in actual control of the vehicle." Or in Arizona, "A person shall not drive a motor vehicle equipped with a television viewer or screen or any other means of visually receiving a television broadcast that is either located in the motor vehicle at any point forward of the back of the driver's seat or visible, directly or indirectly, to the driver while operating the motor vehicle." I'm sure this is why these are designed to not be able to operate. If you have a rear TV, let the kids use that one. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #8

Seabreeze , I can just unplug the tv and plug it the plug-in to the right in the entertainment center and it works. Driver can hear but not see.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Use a volt meter and determine which of the wires has 12v when the ignition switch is on. Disconnecting that wire should disable the power interlock. The relay is probably inside the outlet box.

Yep, that should do it!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:45 PM   #10

Cool picture dogpatch