Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Front GLass Covers

I see all kind of different products to cover the glass areas in front of a class A. I have a 2005 Fleetwood Expedition 38N Diesel. I see some are on the outside with fasterner, others are on the outside with maybe magnets. Some are on the inside of the windshield. Not sure how they fasten. I am not sure of the kind you have to get a ladder and hook up everytime as I get older not sure I need to do that. I would also like to be able to see out with the material on the glass. What is the exp you have with this and how it works and cost considerations tks for any input.....glen

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
RV Recreational Vehicle Window Shades Blinds Curtains RVQuickShades.com

I use these on the inside and love them, easy on, easy off!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #3

View is darkened, not obscured, great for daytime privacy and heat reduction. Mine are outside, ladder install , I feel that the outside shades do a better job of heat reduction, I don't know if there is any data to back that up. Cost varies by material chosen, % heat reduction, color or pattern. We had extra covers made for side windows with no awnings, windshield and 4 other windows $440. in the material with the highest heat reduction rating , work great.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Give Roger a call at Magnashade. Magne Shade - Home We have their system on our Bounder.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #5

X2 on the Magne Shade. They cost more, but I just added them to my A and will never use another shade. Put them up and take them down in under a minute with no ladder required.

Great product and super customer service!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #6

We use the RVQuickShades.com and are happy with them, plus because they are inside they stay clean.
Wrangler338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #7

The info I have read said if shades are on the inside the heat will be in your coach where on the outside they will block most of the heat before it gets through the glass. Sounds logical. I have the outside type and like it. Don't really know which one is best. Good luck
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
View is darkened, not obscured, great for daytime privacy and heat reduction. Mine are outside, ladder install , I feel that the outside shades do a better job of heat reduction, I don't know if there is any data to back that up. Cost varies by material chosen, % heat reduction, color or pattern. We had extra covers made for side windows with no awnings, windshield and 4 other windows $440. in the material with the highest heat reduction rating , work great.
Skip,
What brand do you have? Is there a link to the ones you purchased?
Would like more info, Thanks!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Skip,
What brand do you have? Is there a link to the ones you purchased?
Would like more info, Thanks!
Bones;Therein, lies a problem, my shades were made and installed at a Mom & Pop ,shop in Quartzsite AZ. J&S Windshield Covers. Word of mouth advertising; I went to their shop because of recommendations of other folks in my park in Parker; really liked the look of the product on other units. Price included, install, wiper covers,carry bag and taxes. They don't take C/C's and no web info on my receipt. There are deals, quality products at a fair price, out there , you just have to find them.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Outside mount about 15 years old. Dirt accumulation is not a problem. Privacy in daylight, no privacy when dark. I dump the air suspension before installing with a two step ladder. Significant heat reduction through the windshields.

I would recommend twist locks all around rather than snaps for ease of installation.

There are vendors who make and install the screens in some of the Western area winter rv resort areas. Perhaps also some in the Midwest.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
We use a Prompt Sunscreen. We really like it. Google it they have a website.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by swreeder70 View Post
X2 on the Magne Shade. They cost more, but I just added them to my A and will never use another shade. Put them up and take them down in under a minute with no ladder required.

Great product and super customer service!

Thats what I have. They work great!!! Easy as pie!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #13

I have a Prompt I have used for seven years in all kinds of weather. It has done exceptionally well. It takes about 10 minutes to put the front, door, and two side windows on (combined).

I had one shade that the bias tape on the edge was coming unraveled, I got it resown with new bias tape for about $ 20.00.

I take them periodically to a self serve car wash and spray them off to get the dirt and mildew out.

I am WELL pleased!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Magne Shade Magne Shade - Home goes outside but does not require a ladder. Attaches via magnetics. Simply use a rod or or awning pull in the pocket of the shade to attach. Many videos on youtube.

I also believe that outside prevent more heat transfer to the coach. Just my belief no data to substantiate.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote