Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2019, 07:47 AM   #1

Front Sumo Springs F53

I have chf, steering stabilizer, front and rear sway and trac bars, on a 2019 Fleetwood flair just ordered the front rebel sumo springs, does anyone have experience with them on??
mark3408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2019, 08:48 AM   #2

I don't like them and plan on removing them when I get back the NY.

I feel that they limit the spring compression and give an abrupt rebound. I feel it in my gut.

They came on my 1 year old, used MH. I didn't pay for them, so I don't have to defend the purchase.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #3

I installed them on the front of mine and noticed an improvement. They're staying on mine, wish the rear install was as easy as the front. Haven't install the rears yet.
torino421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have them all around and I can't say they were worth the cost/benefit. There was a slight change in the ride, very slight change in the handling.

But then again it seems as the reports of them range all over, some love 'em, some hate 'em. And I wouldn't be surprised if ten owners of the save model would give you ten different answers. It seems as if each individual vehicle reacts differently.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by torino421 View Post
I installed them on the front of mine and noticed an improvement. They're staying on mine, wish the rear install was as easy as the front. Haven't install the rears yet.
While the rears are a PIA to do it is a lot of grunt work. R&R of rear wheels worse.

I did mine at my storage area on 1 1/2 crushed gravel, with plywood to sit on. Got a set of stands to support the rear. No way was I going to just use the levelers. That took the longest time.

Getting the spring lifted up to the right spot for the brackets took a small bottle jack which for me worked surprisingly well.

I thought drilling the frame would be tough but a high speed steel bit and some cutting oil went right through. Just watch the wiring and lines on the inside of the frame. I used a small piece of 2X4 between the frame and lines.

Took me about 6-8 hours overall, two days of recovery for my hips, but if you can move better than me should be able to better that time by a lot.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Noticed you are kinda new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53