Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #1

Frozen water line ?

I winterized the coach last fall. I thought I had everything covered. after arriving to the south Texas area everything seem to work as expected EXCEPT, when I used the black tank flush. I have a water leak when using the flush. My question is where do you gain access to the flush water line, I overlooked putting the rv antifreeze in that line and am assuming there was water in it and it froze the line before I left Illinois.
The coach is a 2005 Holliday Rambler Scepter 40'.
any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, goose 62075

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
wow.... never thought about the Black Flush. Had a similar issue with the Kitchen faucet spray, did not run Pink Stuff thru it.

Mu thoughts, either pump anit freeze (pink) into the Blk. flush line. If you have No way to pump then, take a hose and empty of water, pour anti freeze into it and then connect to Blk. Flush then water faucet and turn on for a few seconds. Will be interesting is what others do.

You Got Me Thinking.....

cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The line runs up above the tank, How to gain access depends on the coach,, ODDS what is leaking is a vacuum breaker at the top.

Some of them you get it via a panel in the rest/bath room above

Mine I remove the panel that forms the top half of the wet bay.

I note you titled this "Frozen water line" Odds are very very high that is NOT the problem.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #4

I agree, I've never "winterized" the black tank flush line in all my life. Never had a problem. It drains backward from the siphon breaker/backflow preventer to the inlet connection, and forwards through the flusher nozzle-into the tank. IF everything works as designed.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
We have a tank set up for antifreeze along with a bypass switch for the hot water heater and a solenoid for the selection of tank supply to the pump. when I winterize everything gets pink fluid out of every port including stepping on the toilet flush and hose head.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
While the general consensus is that black tank flush lines will just drain back into the tank and that there is no need to winterize there is always the chance that the hose will dip down and have a low spot that will trap water and not drain completely thus freezing up and cracking the hose.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #7

Is it leaking near the hose connection or is the water coming out somewhere under the coach?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
We have a tank set up for antifreeze along with a bypass switch for the hot water heater and a solenoid for the selection of tank supply to the pump. when I winterize everything gets pink fluid out of every port including stepping on the toilet flush and hose head.
Our MH has that option too. It will not pump RV anti-freeze into this flushing line though.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tireman62075 View Post
I have a water leak when using the flush. My question is where do you gain access to the flush water line, I overlooked putting the rv antifreeze in that line and am assuming there was water in it and it froze the line before I left Illinois.
Hi Goose,

I've never even thought of winterizing the black tank flush and never had any problems with it; my winters here (Virginia) are a little milder than yours, but, it does freeze here.

My tank flush seems to drain when I disconnect the hose. On my 2009 Monaco Diplomat, the tank flush water line goes from the wet bay up under the vanity sink to a vacuum breaker, then back down to the flush sprayer in the top of the black tank. I can't imagine any way to keep the antifreeze in that line, even if you do find a way to pump it into the line. I guess the easiest way would be to just blow out the line with compressed air.

Anyway, good luck fixing the leak.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-24-2015, 07:57 PM   #10

Are we talking about the water supply line to the sprayer (if you have one) and the toilet flush OR the black tank flush (cleaning) arrangement?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:37 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Are we talking about the water supply line to the sprayer (if you have one) and the toilet flush OR the black tank flush (cleaning) arrangement?
I thought it was the Black Tank Flush......
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #12

frozen water line

The line I am talking about is the black tank rinse line, when I use it now, the water does go into the tank and I think it is doing the flush thing because I did fill the tank twice. But I am getting water leaking out of both sides of the m/h. in front of r/r tire and the drivers side in the wet bay. I looked around the stool area and pulled some drawers out of the sink cabinet. it looks like maybe the best place would be to remove the panel in the wet bay, just don't want to take stuff apart and overlook something that is simple.

Tags
water