RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2019, 06:43 AM   #71

RV gas website - free

[QUOTE=bobbelcher;4734768]If someone were to ever make an app to show gas stations that are RV friendly i would be their first customer to buy the app.

I made a website you can get to via your phone's browser

RVIslands.com

It's not perfect, as I am not a computer programmer but I did my best. Enjoy!

owendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by owendell View Post
I had issues too with finding good spots to gas up. One time, we may have even (cough ) broken our back window out trying to maneuver out of a gas station that we were jack knifed out of and on an incline…

We’re in a longish rig with a gas truck. I started logging all the gas stations that were good for us, so we could visit them again and eventually made that log into a website. I added more I found via searching out google satellite view.

The website is rough, I know, I have no coding experience, so this is what I was able to cobble together. I’d love to have others involved, like a team effort to find all the best RV gas spots.

RVIslands.com

It’s not an app but you can get to it from your phone’s internet browser.
Nice job! Thanks for sharing.
jt

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:04 AM   #73
doc

Appalachian Campers
Semantics? Are we really concerned with semantics? Guys we should be about helping others with advice and suggestions. We are not writing a thesis for a degree here. We are exchanging ideas.
I have just started a log/list of gasser MH with towed this past week end. I am sure there were more on the route but I only found one location where the pump line runs perpendicular to the building that I could use and still pull through and make the exit turn. These are pretty rare,
Even more so is the stations with pump lines parallel with the building. There is one on NC321 north of I-85 in Gastonia North Carolina.

I guess if push comes shove I might be able to drop the jeep and get into more of these places.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #74

I keep my iPad on the dash using the maps app set to Satellite view. I like that it tracks us down the highway with birds-eye view. When I stop in a new location we zoom in and scroll around to find the clearest path.
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving Betsy - 2004 Fleetwood Flair 33R F53 6.8 V10 20.5K | Samson 245/70R19.5 | CHF | Bilstein HD | Safe-T-Plus | 5 Star Tune | TST | Blue Ox Alpha Autostop | 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ | 2009 Hyundai Accent hatchback
frede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #75

Once you go inside of a Flying J, pick up a little booklet (for free) that lists all of their truckstops all across the country. It tells you which exit they are at, how many pumps they have, how many showers, etc.

You can also go online to get the same information.

The same with Petro & TA truckstops. (I heard that TA has bought out all of the Petro truckstops.)
Old 09-17-2019, 03:24 AM   #76

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Pilot Flying J app will let you select their stations based on having dedicated RV lanes.

DurangoNick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, gas, motorhome, motorhomes