Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-31-2014, 07:39 AM   #15
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post
We tow a CR-V and use flying j when possible. I like to use Allstays Camp and RV app on my phone. All you need to do is select FJ in the filter and it locates them for you. Short info block tells you right away about RV lanes. For satelite view, select directions. I love this app!
Happy camping.
Satellite view can show stations with parallel fuel lanes that accept big rigs easier

gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 09:16 AM   #16
LA Gulf Coast Campers
First... try to plan your route.... then use Google Earth to look at possible fuel locations... with the Street View feature, I have found that I can locate several "possible" locations along my route. The same goes for RV parks... the pics you see on their website can be a bit misleading at times.... zoom in and get a close up look before you reserve a site.

John (Rusty) & Jessica + Sarge $ Rufus
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3953
2014 Honda CRV
RussM311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #17
I'm really puzzled by this comment. I currently have a 39' gasser and tow my car and have never had a problem at ANY gas station. I'm not saying that I can use any pump and sometimes I have to wait for the right island, but after 18 years of RVing I can only recall one station that I had to bypass and that was due mostly to the steep drive.

Remember that these gas stations have long double tanker trucks pulling in to fill their tanks they are bigger and more cumbersome than you but they seem to manage.
Steven and Stephanie
2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J
2008 Hyundai Elantra
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A few local stations that I once thought to be impossible, I now use regularly. Ease of in/out seems to be related to how low the fuel is and how far to the next FJ with RV Lanes is on our planned route. Most of our travels take us up the I15 through Barstow (100mi)or 395 via Hesperia (60mi). We know we can fuel in either place so, try to make sure we stop at one of those when returning home so we have plenty of gas to get back there on the next trip. Also use the Google Street View when planning routes. Works great usually. Never know when another vehicle will park in a place making it hard to leave though. Just be patient and you will get in/out OK.

Bev& Keith
Kyriana(14)Aidan(11), Emily and Olivia (2) Grandchildren
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote

fuel, gas