Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I always use the truck lane and never have had a problem with employees or truckers! We just came from Texas to Indiana, PA the past few days and used Pilot/FJ at each stop. Always pleasant employees. Only complaint I had was at one fuel stop the outside credit card screen was blank so had to go inside to start pump and pay. Needed the exercise anyway :-)

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #30

We almost always use FJ when available, but when we leave WDW, we stop at TA on the north end of the Turnpike. Last visit I was waiting in line for the right side pumps to come available. Some jerk had filled up and left his car at the island. Turns out he went in to eat with his boy. After I found the employees couldn't help me, I pulled around to the other side pumps only to encounter another group who was inside eating. I had complained to the first jerk when he came out and he just replied Too Bad. The second group was a bunch of college girls who just giggled and drove off. I won't name the college, but they all wore gator t-shirts. I never had a problem at FJ except trying to get propane once, the manager said I had to sign a release form since I could not get my special needs kids out of the MH without unloading the trailer to get their wheelchairs. I usually try to get my propane at some stand-alone place like U-Haul or a campground. Although I was told CW has $1.98 propane on Tue/Wed/Thu at Lake City FL. The rest of the week its $4.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
If it's just some yard worker I would tell him to take a hike and mind his own business. Now if it was 350# Bubba truck driver I would have my DW tell him.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #32

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We don't use Flying J unless we have to.

We don't use RV lanes unless we have to.

We always use the truck lanes. We have always found staff and customers to be most helpful and friendly at any truck lanes at any truck stops we are at.

If a staff tried that on me, I would stop filling my tank, walk to the service desk, demand to see the manager and demand an explanation. All activity at that pump would stop until the manager solved the issue.

If the manager did not thank me for bringing the matter to his attention and apologize to me for the insult and the inconvenience, I would write a letter to the company documenting the entire experience.

If I didn't receive at least a letter of apology from the company, I would NEVER buy ANYTHING from any of their franchises again.

JMHO (Just my humble opinion)

When is the customer the boss?

Jim
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #33

I use Pilot Flying J almost exclusively. Last problem I had with them was in Edinburgh, TX last March. They required that all deliveries to store be from front of store. This blocked off exit from RV pumps and outside set of passenger pumps. Got manager involved and called customer service. Still took almost a hour to get truck moved. Why would a businesses block off access to and from their pumps?
In December when I stopped at same station. I noticed that store deliveries were being done on east side of building. Where it should have been done in the fist place.
Calling customer service and/or emailing does work.
For Customer Service: Call 1-877-866-7378 or Email Us
Customer Service Hours:
Monday–Saturday: 8am–8pm EST
Old 01-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
why pay so much for fuel at truck stop

I have learned to stay away from the rip off at truck stops. Just today driving from new jersey to baltimore, I saw truck stop price at 409 and just up the road at a wawa it was only 383. when we are traveling the DW or I google prices at reasonable distances for refueling and check price in the area. Often we see variations of price more than 25 cents a gallon. many times these are only a short distance or on the way to our overnight stay. we also pull a 24 foot trailer and really never had a problem getting in our out of the pump areas.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
addtional comment on fuel prices

Just came back from Baltimore and in New Jersey saw a price at a big name truck stop at $401 and one mile from my home fuel was $358. Let me say that at that price difference I would be happy to save $35 bucks on a fill up. I might even back up twice to fit in the space.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #36

Pilot "RV Rewards Card"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
We use Flying J and Pilot exclusively, have their "My Rewards" card that turns the pump on and provides a discount. We live in Missouri and have never had any issues using the truck lanes in either FJ or Pilot. Think there was a misinformed employee...
Sorry, Guys, the RV cd. went South .. filled at Pilot in Las Cruces NM 1/24/14, & they wouldn't accept my cd.. The station manager informed me that the Stations had sold out (my words) to Good Sam (GS), and now to get a discount you have to have a GS credit card.

So, I guess its time to find another supplier. Some of Loves stations still have free dump stations.

Good Luck, & travel safe.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #37

Have you considered the possibility that the person you spoke to was no better informed than the guy who said that you can't fill up in the truck lanes? In any event I think he has a few things confused...

From looking at the Good Sam site it appears that they are offering a new feature where any Good Sam member can ask for a 'Swipe & Save' card that provides fuel and other discounts at Pilot/Flying J, although the discounts are somewhat less than the RV Plus Card (which as far as I can tell in not being discontinued, as on the web site it is being offered as another option alongside the new Swipe & Save card.) As far as I can tell both cards are available, the difference being one comes automatically with GS membership and the other requires a separate application but gives greater discounts. And there is no requirement for a GS credit card in any case.

I can't say why your RV Plus card didn't work on that occasion, but it just doesn't make sense that it was because the program was being discontinued because A) it's highly unlikely that they would just summarily shut off everyone's card without prior notice, and B) if that did happen it would be all over the Internet and I can't find any mention of it elsewhere. I think you just experienced a computer glitch, compounded by an uninformed employee.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smiler, I believe you are correct. I received an add from GS yesterday describing the following: Swipe & Save GS membership card "new" save 3 cents on gas and diesel, $2.50 savings on dump station, 5 cents on a gallon of propane but you must join GS. It may be that FJ/pilot have teamed with GS replacing the RV Plus card which offered the 3 cents discount. My FJ/pilot is a credit card offering a thousand dollar credit line paid monthly. I know this program is still in effect as I just received my monthly statement. Like you stated this program offers a greater discount. It is difficult to imagine that FJ would just phase out the rewards card w/o notification?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #39

Freightliner Owners Club
Discussion on other board with input from GoodSam Member Services. ??
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: Good Sam Club Fuel Savings!

Here's the text. (Realize this is from November.)
----
Here are the details about TWO great ways for Good Sam Club members to save:
GOOD SAM CLUB “SWIPE & SAVE” MEMBERSHIP CARD

Member Savings:
- Gas & Diesel (U.S.): save 3 per gallon
- Gas & Diesel (Canada): save 1 per liter
- Propane: save 5 per gallon
- Waste Dump: save $2.50 (off $10 fee)
- Special pricing & deals in Pilot and Flying J retail stores & restaurants

Good Sam Club members do not need to "sign up" for a separate Pilot Flying J card. Your new Good Sam Club membership card will also provide discounts at Pilot Flying J. There is no need to activate the card, it’s ready to use at Pilot Flying J upon receipt.

How to Get the Good Sam Club “Swipe & Save” Membership Card:
Join the Good Sam Club or renew your membership and the new card will be mailed to you in 2-3 weeks. Life & Elite members can contact Member Services at 1-800-234-3450 to request the new Swipe & Save version of the Life or Elite Good Sam Club membership card.

Form of Payment:
Simply use your own form of payment in conjunction with the new Swipe & Save card and receive discounts at the pump! You will receive your 3 discount on your fuel when you swipe your Swipe & Save card, and that discount will come off the Cash or Credit price, depending on what form of payment you use.

Does it work at truck lanes?
You will need to come inside, scan your card, and prepay in order to use at the truck lanes. You will NOT need to come inside using the RV or other lanes.

PILOT FLYING J RV PLUS CHARGE CARD

Member Savings:
Good Sam Club Member
- Gas (U.S.): save 4 per gallon
- Diesel (U.S.): save 6 per gallon
- Gas & Diesel (Canada): save 1 per liter

Good Sam LIFE Member
- Gas: save 6 per gallon
- Diesel: save 8 per gallon
- Gas & Diesel (Canada): save 2 per liter

Good Sam ELITE Member
- Gas: save 7 per gallon
- Diesel: save 9 per gallon
- Gas & Diesel (Canada): save 2 per liter

For all membership levels, the RV Plus Charge Card also offers these discounts:
- Propane: save 10 per gallon
- Waste Dump: save $5 (off $10 fee)
- Special pricing & deals in Pilot and Flying J retail stores & restaurants

How to Get it:
The RV Plus Charge Card is offered by Pilot Flying J to Good Sam Club members only. Application and approval process is required. Apply at GoodSamClub.com/pfj or call 1-855-478-7587.

Form of Payment:
The required form of payment is the RV Plus Charge Card. When paying your RV Plus Charge Card bill, you can mail a check, pay online or have the amount auto-drafted each month. Find more details on this charge card.

Does it work at truck lanes?
Yes, the RV Plus Charge Card can be used at the truck diesel lanes. Simply swipe your RV Plus Charge Card at the fuel lane and you’re good to go! And, when you use the RV Plus Charge Card you will always receive your discount off the cash price!

PILOT FLYING J RV MY REWARDS CARD/RV FREQUENT FUELER CARD

What is the status of the RV MyRewards card?
The old RV Real Value, RV Frequent Fueler Advantage, and RV MyRewards cards will no longer be issued by Pilot Flying J. That being said, all RV loyalty cards currently in use will remain active for the next several months. Going forward, the only way to receive fuel discounts at Pilot Flying J will be through joining Good Sam Club and using either the new Swipe & Save Good Sam Club Membership card or applying for the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Charge Card. (Professional driver MyRewards loyalty cards will continue to be issued to professional truck drivers at all Pilot and Flying J locations.)

The Swipe & Save Good Sam Club Membership card is a great new way for Good Sam members to save on their fuel purchases! We are very excited to be able to offer this in conjunction with the RV Plus Charge Card—exclusively to Good Sam Club members!

Sincerely,
Good Sam Club and Pilot Flying J

Posted: 11/19/13 03:15pm
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #40

Well that seems to settle it, both types of accounts are available. And FWIW, RV Plus is not a charge/credit card per se as there are no credit terms, you just agree to have the full amount debited from your account each month.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Well that seems to settle it, both types of accounts are available. And FWIW, RV Plus is not a charge/credit card per se as there are no credit terms, you just agree to have the full amount debited from your account each month.
I don't have it debited from my account. I pay it when the bill arrives, usually with an eCheck. you could also use a credit card to pay it.
Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #42

Yes, you're right. I forgot that they allow two ways to pay. They give you a higher limit if you are willing to allow a direct debit, but that is not required. I actually chose the direct debit because I was on the road full time and didn't want to deal with bills.