Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Does anyone know if the "Pump Start" feature works with either the Good Sam "Swipe & Save" or the RV Plus Charge Card? I use the RV Frequent Fueler card to start the pump, but I must then go inside to pay using my MasterCard.

NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
"Form of Payment:
Simply use your own form of payment in conjunction with the new Swipe & Save card and receive discounts at the pump! You will receive your 3 discount on your fuel when you swipe your Swipe & Save card, and that discount will come off the Cash or Credit price, depending on what form of payment you use."

So you no longer get the cash price + discount, when using your credit card!

Looks like another Camping World GOOD DEAL.

rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
Does anyone know if the "Pump Start" feature works with either the Good Sam "Swipe & Save" or the RV Plus Charge Card? I use the RV Frequent Fueler card to start the pump, but I must then go inside to pay using my MasterCard.
With the RV Plus card you just pay at the pump, no need to go inside (probably the same with Swipe & Save.)

And to the previous post, if you want to get the cash price + discount then just get the RV Plus card.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Are these "RV Lanes" separate from all the other pumps? I have a gasser so I cannot go to the truckers pumps. Across the street from Lazy Days in Tampa the FJ had two separate pumps away from the others and it was great.

On my next trip I have mapped out two FJ's that stat they have "RV Lanes" hoping it will be the same setup. Looking at Google it appears they do.

I also have the new Good Sam Swipe & Save card coming when I renewed my membership.
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #47
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Are these "RV Lanes" separate from all the other pumps? I have a gasser so I cannot go to the truckers pumps. Across the street from Lazy Days in Tampa the FJ had two separate pumps away from the others and it was great.

On my next trip I have mapped out two FJ's that stat they have "RV Lanes" hoping it will be the same setup. Looking at Google it appears they do.

I also have the new Good Sam Swipe & Save card coming when I renewed my membership.
Yes, Flying J "RV Lanes" are one or two separate lanes with usually easy access, pumps on both sides, long handled window brushes etc. There is usually a propane fill and a dump station close by. Look for a big "RV" sign as you pull in.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Smiler, I believe you are correct. I received an add from GS yesterday describing the following: Swipe & Save GS membership card "new" save 3 cents on gas and diesel, $2.50 savings on dump station, 5 cents on a gallon of propane but you must join GS. It may be that FJ/pilot have teamed with GS replacing the RV Plus card which offered the 3 cents discount. My FJ/pilot is a credit card offering a thousand dollar credit line paid monthly. I know this program is still in effect as I just received my monthly statement. Like you stated this program offers a greater discount. It is difficult to imagine that FJ would just phase out the rewards card w/o notification?
You can also use your phone number attached to the account. Well maybe that's a flying j card it's attached to... hmm
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
You can also use your phone number attached to the account. Well maybe that's a flying j card it's attached to... hmm
What do you use your phone number attached to what account for?
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #50

Never had that problem at Flying J. My biggest complaint about FJ is their "Rewards" card doesn't work to start the pump and no one seems to know how to set it up for that. Then they don't give me the 8-9 cent /gal discount I'm supposed to get thru Good Sam and don't seem to know anything about that. Local FJ employees don't know jack and neither do the people at the FJ head office. I hate FJ .... But unfortunately don't have many other places to pull a 70' RV+trailer into for fuel. :(
Old 01-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
get off the interstate and save

I still can't believe you all are looking at truck stops to save pennies using their special cards that you also have to pay to own. I regularly use my cell phone to find the least expensive fuel. Doing so I can see a savings of up to 40 cents a gallon simply found a few miles of the interstate.

Moreover if you look for better deals look at fuel stops connected to Wal Mart. last year we saved 15 cents per gallon at murphy stations connect with our FREE walmart credit card.

Truck stops are for trucks and they pay the big bucks because it is easier, they are on a schedule, limited to certain routes and their fuel is tax deductible. Is your fuel deductible?????
Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer68 View Post
Never had that problem at Flying J. My biggest complaint about FJ is their "Rewards" card doesn't work to start the pump and no one seems to know how to set it up for that. Then they don't give me the 8-9 cent /gal discount I'm supposed to get thru Good Sam and don't seem to know anything about that. Local FJ employees don't know jack and neither do the people at the FJ head office. I hate FJ .... But unfortunately don't have many other places to pull a 70' RV+trailer into for fuel. :(
The 'Rewards' card has been discontinued (and never did allow full pay at the pump AFAIK.) You need to get either the new 'Swipe & Save' card or the RV Plus card (the latter provides a higher discount but you need to apply for it separately.) The newer cards allow full pay at the pump.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
I still can't believe you all are looking at truck stops to save pennies using their special cards that you also have to pay to own. I regularly use my cell phone to find the least expensive fuel. Doing so I can see a savings of up to 40 cents a gallon simply found a few miles of the interstate. Moreover if you look for better deals look at fuel stops connected to Wal Mart. last year we saved 15 cents per gallon at murphy stations connect with our FREE walmart credit card. Truck stops are for truck and they pay the big bucks because it is easier and tax deductible. Is your fuel deductible?????
Sounds good but most Murphy stations don't have diesel. Most modern filling stations/convenience stores don't have their fuel islands oriented well or have adequate maneuvering room for 60' of vehicle. Even at the few that do, my coach/toad would cause a serious bottleneck in the stations traffic pattern. I use FJ when I can & am happy with the 8 cents off the cash price that I get with the Good Sam card. I often spend the night there and some times eat at the Denny's. The fuel is fresh which is another reason to use truck stops. I use the truck pumps usually but sometimes the RV island pumps. Love the high speed truck pumps.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
I have checked into a lot of Walmarts and most of them are to tight to get in and out without backing up.
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I have checked into a lot of Walmarts and most of them are to tight to get in and out without backing up.

Yep to me it seems they are laid out purposely to keep larger vehicles out. Once in a great while you can catch an outside pump but it's rare.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have done some reading on the ' other forum' and my understanding is
that the new 'swipe and save' card will not work at the diesel truck lanes at pilot
fly j .. and the present rewards card which will work at the diesel truck lanes , as a pump start card, will be phased out sometime late in 2014. The remaining long term option for those of us that use the truck diesel pumps ( not the rv lanes ) is the RV plus card which is a charge card . Several members have this card and seem to be
satisfied .
I also am 60 ft length and use the truck pumps . Easy in and easy out. I will miss
the convenience of the Pilot Flying J pump start card .