Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe-K:
I notice more and more of the stations are going to the non-card reader type system. Basically you register a card with the station and they give you a device to hang on your keychain. Tap it against the pump and it registers your account </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me you have this in Butler.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
JoeK, thats exactly how the city of Phila runs their fuel depots. Just insert the nozzel and squeez. It's called a veeter route system and it works most of the time. However I would not feel to comfortable with a public system, not as long as we have all these pimple faced teenage hackers running around out there, free gas anyone ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 PM   #17

How about us in New Jersey - we can't pump our own gas. We have to wait for the 'gas guy' to do it for us. And wait again to pay him. Great in rain and snow but sometimes, it is SO SLOW!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #18

Speaking of new gadgets. we just got back from a week trip the Disney World (Trip was for the Grandson). Instead of giving you a ticket anymore, they give you a "credit" card. We bought a 3 day pass and everytime we went thru the turn stiles, you put your card in the slot and put your right index finger on a reader. The wife and I switched cards and when we tried to go in, it would not let us until we had the right card with the right finger print.

Why isn't this used for credit cards to cut down on thiefs using your number/card s/Toby
Old 11-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I try to do the same even for my gasser. But, as far as pulling all the way forward, well, if you do that around me, and so many other places, then I block the driveway for others even to get into the station. So blocking three pumps is pretty normal with just about 60'. MH and boat. Oh, then you ought to see the looks I get when I do have to pull forward just to fill the boat (another 50 gallons). I try to ignore it, but I've been there watching others do this with my short jeep. Stations are just not MH friendly. And the big cities just don't have all sorts of truck stops to use. Oh, how about the times when you have to pull in, and then back out because of vehicles parking in front of you? Not real close so they think it is fine, but close enough that you just can't make that turn. Oh yes, I love it.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #20

Heres one for you----at a flying J RV pump; I was waiting in line in back of a large motorhome; I had left room behind him so he had room to get around his rig; after he'd gased up and before I had a chance to crankup a class C motorhome cut in frount of me and stopped at the near pump; the man got out and instead of gasing up went in the store, I waited and waited, I couldn't backup because I had my toad, 20 minets went by, the man came out carring a bag I assume his dinner, went in his camper and still didnt move, I got out of my motorhome and went up and tapped on his window, he was eating his lunch; GRRRRR. I asked him to move and he got real mad and said he would just as soon as he got his gas. I went in the store and complained, they said there was nothing they could do. It took me 1 hour to get a tank of gas. This was the last time I have used the RV lane at flying J.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincup View Post

More and more stations have burger joints, Subways, Dairy Queens, etc. co-located in the building. When getting gas, I've seen people come out with drinks, burgers, etc, while there car is parked at the pump taking up space making other customers wait in line.
There have only been One time I've been "Ticked off" by people at the pump

That time I was next for the pump but when the car in front pulled away a "kid" (likely too young to drive) moved his mother's SUV up to the pump and started washing the windshield.. She finally came out of the store. They never even TOUCHED the pump

Another time I was in the self-check out line at a local supermarket and I will admit there was a hardware issue.... But the person in front of the person in front of me had no end of problems, finally go to the insert money part, (The dollar bill acceptor was the hardware problem) and the cashier had to assist to get the payment made.

Then the person in front of me.. No better, if anythign worse.

Finally it's my turn.. Now I have the store's Debit card.. Beep , Beep, Beep, I'm rung up.. Tap, swipe tap tap tap tap tap and It is printing my reciept, I'm bagged and outta there with a "And that's how it's done" exit line, to the applause of the folks behind me (Took longer to type than to do and I type fast)

In days of old, when folks were bold, there was a term "Courtesy"

If you want to know what is means.. I suggest a dictionary cause examples of it these days.. Few and far between
Old 05-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #22

Amatures

So TOM N I'm a guessing you started out as a pro and never had anyone have to wait for you to gas-up.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fanman2 View Post
So TOM N I'm a guessing you started out as a pro and never had anyone have to wait for you to gas-up.
I don't believe the problem is one of amatuer versus pro drivers, it's simply a matter of common courtesy, which as you can see ain't too common.

Steve
Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fanman2 View Post
Huh?? I agree with all the previous posters except for the cited reply -- not sure what '1fanman2' meant to contribute to the discussion. We've all seen displays of common courtesy disappear from all aspects of our society. Sometimes I wonder if it's their lack of common sense and/or just plain stupidity!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Huh?? I agree with all the previous posters except for the cited reply -- not sure what '1fanman2' meant to contribute to the discussion. We've all seen displays of common courtesy disappear from all aspects of our society. Sometimes I wonder if it's their lack of common sense and/or just plain stupidity!
both
Old 03-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I just figure "I'm on vacation" and I can wait to get at the pump. I've learned to slow down, and just chuckle at those fools that are always in a big hurry, only to find that the gods have cursed them and their day is ruined.

You've heard the old expression, "the world if full of 'I's & 'A's, well I think it is caused by all the drugs people use, legal & illegal. They effect the mind & personality, and its passed down the gene pool.

So....I try not to "be" one of them.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had a lady put the nozzle in her tank and started filling. She got back in the car and got on her cell phone. Finally went up to her window and explained it was done filling 5 minutes ago.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #28

Our worst (slowest) experiences have just about all been around two types of places: those that have a lot of shall we say; retiree age people, and RV plazas. The folks who do the whole process ever so slowly, right down to carefully filling out there little mileage notebook after filling. Clueless that there might possibly be someone behind them that's actually wanting to get somewhere... I pull in, fill up, and get clear of the pump.