Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Went into a Flying J just outside of Shreveport and was going to dump first. There was a car in the dump area and the young lady was standing outside the car talking on her cellphone. I waited about 3 minutes and she kept on talking so I edged up to her car and she just turned away and looked the other direction. So now I am pissed waited about another 2-3 minutes then I hit the air horn quickly and she ignored me so I layed in on the air horn and she got really pissed and come over to me screaming and yelling and lifted her jacket and showed me her gun and badge and said she was going to arrest me (lol) so I told her it would be after I pushed her car out of the parking lot with my MH. She just stood there screaming at me. She finally moved her car into the gas lanes and the whole time she was fueling she was yelling at me. Everybody was looking at me like I was the bad guy.

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Went into a Flying J just outside of Shreveport and was going to dump first. There was a car in the dump area and the young lady was standing outside the car talking on her cellphone. I waited about 3 minutes and she kept on talking so I edged up to her car and she just turned away and looked the other direction. So now I am pissed waited about another 2-3 minutes then I hit the air horn quickly and she ignored me so I layed in on the air horn and she got really pissed and come over to me screaming and yelling and lifted her jacket and showed me her gun and badge and said she was going to arrest me (lol) so I told her it would be after I pushed her car out of the parking lot with my MH. She just stood there screaming at me. She finally moved her car into the gas lanes and the whole time she was fueling she was yelling at me. Everybody was looking at me like I was the bad guy.
Most gas stations have signs that say---turn off cell phones when pumping fuel----Its only a matter of time till someone burns them self up when useing a cell phone when at the gas pump

Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #31

When I pull up behind an RV at the pumps I shut off the engine, go use the facilities , read a map relax. I don't sit there chomping at the bit watching every move the person in front of me is doing. That will drive you nuts. Relax enjoy your time and don't be in such a hurry. If you cant relax and wait, or move on to the next service station where there may not be a lineup, then by all means drive your self nuts. Its your life.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Must be the same guy, when you are doing the speed limit and a bit more, in the MH towing that just is chomping at the bit to go around you. Finally gets the pass to pull off, in a mile at the next PEE stop(rest area). Then at the camp ground pulls in behind you at check in, ends up next to you. Next in the bath house you here him talking about his rig only gets **** miles to the gallon and everyone else is getting better.

LEN
Old 03-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Len, that funny. I know who that guy is.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
When I pull in to get fuel and there is someone ahead of me I let it run for a couple minutes and then shut down and go out and start BS'n with the person that's fueling. Find out all kinds of information. For the most part fellow RV'ers are a friendly bunch.
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about the self serve check out lanes at many supermarkets and department stores now days.. I recall one day at a Meijer's Store in Livonia, MI.. I will admit there was a problem with the bill acceptor on the register.. but the poor couple 2 in front of me had all knids of problems,, Finally the overseeing cashier helped them.. Then the next person had problems with the bill acceptor (Which was defective) finally steped up, BEEP, BEEP I scanned my purches and rewards card, BEEP and I scanned my payment card a few more beeps I'd entered my pin, bagged my order, took my recipet and said "And that's how it's done" as I walked away.

Some folks are computer-fobes (Scared of computers) and these things are.... Comptuers.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #36

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Most gas stations have signs that say---turn off cell phones when pumping fuel----Its only a matter of time till someone burns them self up when useing a cell phone when at the gas pump
Despite popular myth... Modern cell phones are solid state (no relays or contacts) therefore cannot generate a spark, nor cause a gasoline fire. Adding that function would be really nice tho... Especially if we can remotely trigger the sparking on the idiot doing 90 while holding the phone and writing on a clipboard going down interstate.
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Obtaining fuel is quite difficult compared to getting a fast pass at DW. I just returned from a week of chaos with the Gkids at DW. Every day it was the same ritual. People just can't seem to understand the process:
1. Put the ticket into the slot.
2. Ticket comes out of slot, and one must retrieve it.
3. Fast Pass is in the slot and one must retrieve it.

I was astonished how many people just don't get one of the simplest processes on the planet. It makes me wonder how they generate enough income to afford a trip to DW.

Lastly, one person in the party can get a fast pass for every one else! Each person need not stand in the line and figure out the above mentioned process. There are things I will never understand. And the older I get the more I do not understand.

Now, sit back and get the vision in your mind of these same people trying to operate a self service gas pump.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
Despite popular myth... Modern cell phones are solid state (no relays or contacts) therefore cannot generate a spark, nor cause a gasoline fire. Adding that function would be really nice tho... Especially if we can remotely trigger the sparking on the idiot doing 90 while holding the phone and writing on a clipboard going down interstate.
Thats all very interesting; batteries must be solid state to, right? how do all those solid state devices get there juce to run? must be a connection there somewhere.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

You have more dangerous sparks coming from the brushes inside the starter motor and alternator and sparks inside the distributer (gas motor) than a cellphone. How about all those RVers that never shut off the flame in the frig or hot water heater while fueling or even worse filling up with propane.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Thats all very interesting; batteries must be solid state to, right? how do all those solid state devices get there juce to run? must be a connection there somewhere.
There're no open, unsealed mechanical switches to make sparks in cell phones. The few switches there are, are sealed and switch very low voltages and currents. No sparks. Really. Without some kind of spark or significant heat source, no ignition. And batteries are pretty much a solid, sealed device.

What can happen, however, is dumb-a$$ drivers getting in and out of cars and sliding across the seats, generating enough static electricity to make a spark. Or being just plain distracted by the novelty of talking on the phone and driving, or busy texting their friends with important information ("Brandon is stopping for gas and a pee break! LOL!") and driving into the pump. That, I worry about. Especially if I'm standing in front of the pump.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

They have found out that the biggest problem is with women who wear silk panties and sliding across that seat generating static electricity. So we now need a sign that says "When fueling No Cellphone Use and Women Must First Remove Panties".
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #42

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter
we now need a sign that says "When fueling No Cellphone Use and Women Must First Remove Panties".
Sounds like a job for my nephew! I'm sure he would actually keep that one

Ron & Wendy 94 Pace Arrow 454

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote