Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #29

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Precision Paint did a terrible job on my MH @ $15k dollars
I wanted it painted like it came from winne but they said they could not do that so I had to pick from their diagrams which did not come out as pictured.
The paint has numerous defects all the paint came off the two a/c
I couldn't get the tan color I wanted
the plastic shield they put on the front, I did not ask for was installed really bad lot lof dirt and even a string underneath, edges comming up and now after two years it need to be replaced.
They messed up the hood engine access. they gave it to me with a 2" gap around the top
Why did I pick them to due the painting? A fellow rv guy recommeded them.
No matter who does the job you need to thing about the colors that are on some parts that need to be replaced like vents door handles ref back acces once painted then any replacement will not match and need to be painted.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron55 View Post
Precision Paint did a terrible job on my MH @ $15k dollars
I wanted it painted like it came from winne but they said they could not do that so I had to pick from their diagrams which did not come out as pictured.
The paint has numerous defects all the paint came off the two a/c
I couldn't get the tan color I wanted
the plastic shield they put on the front, I did not ask for was installed really bad lot lof dirt and even a string underneath, edges comming up and now after two years it need to be replaced.
They messed up the hood engine access. they gave it to me with a 2" gap around the top
Why did I pick them to due the painting? A fellow rv guy recommeded them.
No matter who does the job you need to thing about the colors that are on some parts that need to be replaced like vents door handles ref back acces once painted then any replacement will not match and need to be painted.
Sorry to hear that. I know they have Diamond Shield do the front mask and ACs are a different Plastic Material than the body. My RV club thinks I have the best Paint Job even including the new $200,000 Rigs with their factory paint jobs. I got my job 2 1/2 years ago and my trailer a year later. Ph Jason, I bet he would do the ACS again and give you a credit on the Diamond Shield.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I can highly reccomend Precision Painting. Had a FB done on my 98 and now I would put it up against most of the new ones. It is not cheap but like previously stated the prep work takes alot of time. After the paint job they put 3 coats of clear coat , sanding between coats. When they are done the exterior is like glass. When I was there they were finishing off a million $ unit.
You get what you pay for and they are considered one of the best.

Tags
paint