Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
I would keep the house. (JMHO)

Buy an older, larger, cheaper MH and tow one of your current cars. (You are a DIY type of person so repairs will be cheaper.)

You can buy an 1995 Country Coach, for example, for about $25,000 in the lower 48 that will likely have the basic features you want except for slide outs. (No I still like ours after 12 years, so not trying to sell it.)

Travel for a year for the experience.

Then sell the house and buy the RV of your choice if still on that full-timer path.

This would be likely be cheaper than the sales commission on your house in the short run and you would avoid the depreciation on the new small Vista.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTree View Post
Are we ever glad we joined irv2 and posted our question. What a great bunch of friends you have become, and we haven't even met you in person. We value all your inputs. It is a tough decision, as I imagine all of you are aware and have experienced, to give up your 5-bedroom, 2-bath home with deck, garage, organic-greenhouse & garden on almost 1-acre and move into an RV full-time. Lots of compromises and plus getting rid of a life-time collection of "stuff." We have both experience RV living, on a small scale, at least for a few months at a time. I've had a VW pop-up camper; an Ultravan, a class B and C Xplorer MH, and we presently have a Toyota Dolphin (19') that Raven and her fishing-buddy girlfriend spend a month each year silver-salmon fishing. I'm not a fisherman, but they wouldn't miss it. Plus we get our winter supply of fish each year as a result, thanks to them. Also, I noticed that only Class As seem to have room for a small washer and drier, something Raven has expressed needing. I would imagine that a toad with 4-wheels on the ground is a lot better that a tow-dolly or trailer with car on it (necessary for all-wheel drive vehicles---which we already have) At this point, one is caught between desire/need and the financial reality of it. In the end, we trust in the powers that be to somehow provide whatever we are to end up with. It seems he/she wants us to do this, for whatever reason, so we will comply as we both have all our lives. Our successes, so far in this life, have been a direct result of following these nudges. We do want to enjoy all of Alaska, Canada and what we up here call the lower-48, while we still can. So we taking it one-step-at-a-time. Blessing to you all. R&R (no we are not religious nuts, just caring people.)
My wife and I are full timers and travel regularly with our best friends who travel in a 27N. They don't full time but love the coach. The first thing they did was put a combo washer dryer in theirs. Yes, 4 wheels down is the best tow setup. The only negative is the inability to back up while hooked up.

Good luck & keep you posted on what you do.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wb 30t

We have a 2012 model with full linoleum floor and the slide out table and chairs, it would be the perfect rig for two old geezers and an aging dog if only it had a king size bed and a larger shower. Better gas mileage would be a blessing too.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a couple in our park doing just that. I don't think we could manage in it but everyone is different.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #19

Good suggestion DeanDec. I wasn't familiar with the MH you have and suggested, so I went on line and looked at this one. Don't know if it is the same as yours, but it is pretty impressive. Probably won't still be available when we are ready, or at the price you implied, but a good looking rig. The URL below is in case you want to check it out for comparison. R&R

1995 Country Coach Intrigue Garnet 32 Diesel Walkaround - YouTube
Old 04-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
My wife and I are full timers and travel regularly with our best friends who travel in a 27N. They don't full time but love the coach. The first thing they did was put a combo washer dryer in theirs. Yes, 4 wheels down is the best tow setup. The only negative is the inability to back up while hooked up.

Good luck & keep you posted on what you do.
Where did they put the combo washer/drier. I've study the floor plans of the ones we have considered and I'm hard pressed to know where one would do this, in these smaller units?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierambler View Post
We have a 2012 model with full linoleum floor and the slide out table and chairs, it would be the perfect rig for two old geezers and an aging dog if only it had a king size bed and a larger shower. Better gas mileage would be a blessing too.
Who is taking up al the room on the bed? The dog? I agree with needing more room in the typical showers of these smaller units. R&R

Tags
full-timing, storage-space, toad, vista 30t, winnebago