Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Funky Sanicon

We picked up our coach today and when I opened the basement door to the tank flush it was pretty funky. I flush the black tank till it flows clear then I flush the grey tank. After which there is always water left in the 3" flex hose connected to the Sanicon. How do you get this water out? For immediate relief today I just disconnected the hose and drained the water into a bucket. Needless to say this was both messy and smelly.

Am I not doing something right??

Thanks,

Troy
troyrice76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
YC1

After many years I found an easy way. I bought an inline clear device you can connect a fresh water hose to. My compartment has a faucet with a hose and anti backflow valve. If I don't have shore water I can use the water pump. I can now close both valves and fill the sanicon with fresh water and flush it out.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
On our coach we had odors so bad you could smell them inside the coach. After considerable research I found that the large hose from the sewer pipe to the Sani Con is porous. I replaced mine with a Valterra Dominator hose. The hose was a little smaller and required a lot of work to get on the fittings but it solved my smell problems. I have been using it for over a year now and am very satisfied.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Replacing the large inlet hose every couple of years is a good idea. Mine developed pinholes. That was no fun to clean up.

joe
Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Replace the hose.....SaniCon used a funky hose. As bdpreece stated, buy a good quality hose and replace the OEM hose.

I didn't like the way my unit always sat higher than the hose connection at the drain. A few months ago, I took mine apart as a preventative measure and put in a new impeller. The actual unit is about half the size of that big palstic box they use. I tossed the box and remounted mine so that it now sits lower than the drain connection. It makes it easier to drain more of the fluid out.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote