Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #1

Furniture Replacement

Our 2006 Revolution needs a facelift. The better half wants to replace the couches with fully reclining theater seating. Emphasis on fully! And a sleeper sofa. Recently we were at the Fontana R.V. Show where she saw one that reclined flat. I seemed to have missed that one. So, does anyone know where I can get a zero clearance, flat reclining, theater seating piece? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Steve Pitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #2

I couldn't find any. I think zero clearance and flat reclining just doesn't exist. I got the least clearance with the most recline I could find. Replaced the L couch with theater seating....totally satisfied. Several people have slept in them all night !!!!!!
Old 10-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #3

Big Bad Dad, what brand did you end up going with?
Old 10-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #4

All reclining furniture is going to need a little space from the wall. Even if it's called a "wall hugger". We just replaced our love seat which was falling apart because it was made from one the numerous varieties of fake leather materials. It's junk, won't last long, my advice is don't go there. The only simulated leather product that will last is the true UltraleatherTM. But we couldn't find that without paying an outlandish cost. So we went with real top grain leather and got a great deal.

This time we chose to go with a top grain leather everywhere except the back and sides, motorized and with a console. It doesn't fully recline flat but pretty darn close. We never found a full flat recliner. The wife has fallen asleep in this new one many times. It needed to be 3" away from the wall. Most wall hugger couches need about 2", so it was only another 1".

After looking everywhere online for days at all the common, regular RV furniture stores....forget it. They want an arm and a leg for their stuff plus shipping which was anywhere's from 200-400 dollars and about 2-3 weeks out before they could ship. All their product pricing was at least $1500 more + shipping than what we found locally.

We had already called Winnebago to get the weight of our original OEM couch so we could stay within that approx. range and not over load that slide. So with weight and dimensions in hand, we decided to shop at regular, local, home furniture stores around where we were staying at the time. We had to go to several stores before we found what we wanted.

Out the door was $1,425 and that was with paying an extra $129 for a no questions asked fix or replace extended warranty and they'll even come to where we are parked no matter where we are in the lower 48. We used a friends pick up to go back and pick it up and installed it same day.

The back separated from the bottom. we brought it through our mid-ship entry door which was 30" wide. The bottom part went in 1st which was the heaviest, then the backs which slide and snap on the bottom rails.

IMO...these online so called "RV Furniture outlets" are such a rip off.

We are so happy with our purchase and saved about $1,500-2K, got it the same day, it's top grain leather, very heavy double stitching on all seams, motorized, has a USB charging port on each side and now we can recline watching TV that's right in front of us.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	couch-1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	263965   Click image for larger version

Name:	couch-2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	263966  

marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #5

Triple E Owners Club
RecPro

Check out RecPro. They are, I believe, in Indiana. We replaced our pull out couch with wall clearance recliners and a storage chest/drink holder feature in between the 2. Cost was about $899 USD delivered within 4 days to our RV park location, actually right to the RV itself in Chandler, Az.
We enjoy the new found comfort and the quality is right up there with our recliners at home. We also lost 20 or so pounds of metal frame from that useless, uncomfortable pull out.

Cheers 🍷

DJ
Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought a Lazyboy leather sofa with fully reclining end pieces. It needs 3 1/2 inches from the wall to lay totally flat. I realize this is not right up against the wall but wanted to give you an option. We couldn't be happier with our purchase.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:42 PM   #7

I went with RECPRO. I put mdf underneath and 1/4 - 20 T nuts in the MDF so I could put bolts down to keep them from sliding when traveling. That way I could easily position them but hold them tight to wall when traveling. The bolts go in/out of T- nuts easily.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #8

One thing leads to another

The old fridge is out and the new one comes today. One couch and the captains chairs are out. One couch left to sit on. Ripping out the carpet and tile today and will be replacing it with engineered hardwood. Building a new cabinet to house the pop up tv which will sit behind the couch. Taking out the built in dinette so I can continue the cabinets from the tv down to the fridge and build a new table and chairs to replace the dinette set. Rec Pro is looking more like the company that we will be going with for the powered theater seating and the foldout couch. The only problem being they don’t make the captains chairs in the same color. Why they don’t is a mystery to me. It would seem logical to have it all the same. I’m also replacing some of the lighting as well as putting in a couple of new electrical outlets. Will post some pictures and keep you updated.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:12 AM   #9

Just a suggestion...

If you do post pic's it would best to start a new thread and title it different.

Something like "2006 Revolution remodel with pics".

If you post pics on this thread, fewer people will see them because this thread is titled about furniture. Your doing a lot more than that. Good for you.

Good luck on your project.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:44 PM   #10

Old and new furniture fits through the RV door OK?
VetPartTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #11

Yes, the old furniture went right out the door. The new pieces come next week and should not be a problem as the backs come packed separately from the seats.
Just getting ready tackle the tile floors. I’m sure that will be fun!

Tags
ace, furniture, replace, replacement