Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #1

Fuse location on 96 Bounder?

Hey guys the original tv screen for the back up camera is not powering on all of a sudden. Does anyone know where the fuse location is for it? Thanks! Also, if I were to go with a new camera and monitor Can I reuse the original wiring?
cm2785 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #2

My 96 Bounder didn't have a back up camera, but besides the main fuse panel over the dinette, there were fuses under the dash and some in the Battery Control Center behind the front grill on the driver's side. I did replace the back up camera in my 98 Safari and the new system used different cables. It wasn't hard to run the new cable down and along the frame and up into the cab. Did the same when I installed a back up camera in the Bounder. I ran the new cable through into the cabinets above the bed and my coach had the long side cabinets on either side. I dropped the cable down through the side cabinet and in the corner behind the nightstand. Pulled the drawers and drilled through the floor. I decided the best route was through the storage compartments to where the main power went up into the interior then followed the wire chase under the dinette. From there, I ran it behind the couch along the bottom of the wall to the cab. Sealed all the holes with silicone.

Spent about half my time planning the cable run. Did a lot of rolling around on a creeper and looking for the best route. Actual installation was done on a Saturday.

If you can't find a fuse it could be connection that goes to the back up lights that tells the camera to come on when you switch into reverse unless your camera is always on. Wish I could help you on the location for that connection. You may have to troubleshoot the monitor itself and see if there's a way to power it direct to see if it'll come on. If there's an access panel to your camera look in there for a power wire too. Check it for 12V when you are in reverse if your camera only comes on in reverse. Same with the power wire to the monitor. Good luck.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, cat, fuse