Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2015, 06:22 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Gas Grill recommendation

I'm looking to purchase a gas grill for our MH. I have narrowed it down to three choices.

Weber Q2200:

Weber® Q® 2200™ | Weber.com

Camp Chef MVP:

Sport Grill MVP | Camp Chef

Solaire Anywhere! Portable Infrared Grill:

Solaire Anywhere! Portable Infrared Grill, 20 ga. 304 SS. Includes Carrying Bag.

Does any one use any of these? What do you think or does anyone have a better recommendation?
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2015, 06:37 AM   #2

Rob & Rosanne:

I've had the Weber before, but found that the drippings from whatever I was grilling would foul the burner units to a point where I couldn't get flame from 75% of the unit. It's a pain to try to clear the small holes. So I now have a good size Brinkman portable grill (believe I got it at Home Depot). It has metal angled trays in place over the burner units to prevent the drippings from doing what happened with the Weber. Just giving you another option, good luck, and good grilling!
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:39 AM   #3

While I don't have the Solaire grill, I have a similar looking infrared SS tabletop grill that is great. It gets super hot with the infrared heating that makes it perfect for searing steaks, yet you can turn it down for slow cooking. I picked up ours at Amazon for about 1/3 of the cost of the Solaire. I've had it for probably 5-6 years and used it a lot

update - Just did a search and here is the one I got-- http://infraredgrillsonsale.blogspot...ll-review.html
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:42 AM   #4

I just did the same research and went with the Coleman Roadtrip LE. I wanted lightweight = aluminium grates. And a stand since we boondock at times:

Coleman Road Trip Classic Grill - Blue - Coleman 9941-768 - Gas Grills - Camping World

Just grab the side handles and it lifts off for picnic table use. I like the griddle on one side for cooking breakfast and I bought the steel pot grate too(you can not use a pot on a aluminium grate...they will melt. It has great reviews and the price is reasonable.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:00 AM   #5

The Weber Qs are great, but don't get the big one. Too heavy and bulky. Mine cooks great. No regrets except I would get the smaller version next time.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:05 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I bought a grill at lowes and removed the base added short legs and a rotissery. connect to the RV LP tank - now we and rotissery chicken and other stuff .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3127.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	87300   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3126.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	87301  

2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:19 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We got the Cuisinart CGG200 for Christmas. Have only used it a couple times so far, but really like how compact yet well-made that it is. Heats up uber fast. Has a portable stand (also very solid) that folds up small like a camp stool - is remarkably sturdy.

Amazon.com : Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods 12, 000-BTU Portable Outdoor Tabletop Propane Gas Grill : Cuisinart Grill : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Pictures are from their website. Food optional.

\ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61TBuP-4CaL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	87306   Click image for larger version

Name:	71zoidSjI2L._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	87309  

Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #8

I had the Weber but found the shape to be inefficient for storing in the RV and cooking larger meals. I gave it away and bought a rectangular shaped stainless steel infrared unit from Walmart and love it.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #9

in the fall of 2013 I bought a Charbroil tabletop grill from Menards. It had been a display model-no packaging, for 1/3 the regular price. Turns out to be the best small grill I've ever owned.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #10

I have had my Camp Chef three burner for 15 years. I use the Camp Chef two burner cook box grill on it and pizza oven. Great for boiling big pots of water.

I just picked this up a couple weeks ago for the rv. Cooked about six times with it at home and I'm pretty impressed with it.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I have had my Camp Chef three burner for 15 years. I use the Camp Chef two burner cook box grill on it and pizza oven. Great for boiling big pots of water.

I just picked this up a couple weeks ago for the rv. Cooked about six times with it at home and I'm pretty impressed with it.

I'm surprised Mike did not elaborate more on the Greem Mountain Davey Crockett Pellet Stove.

+ Runs off 12vdc, (AC adapter included) Ignitor & auger run off 12VDC!
+ Pellet Grill/smoker. I'd rather have a bay filled with pellets rather than a propane tank.
+ WiFi to Androd or Iphone. Two tems monitored, probe for food & grill temp. Also san program\select different cooking profiles.

http://greenmountaingrills.com/products/

I currently have a Weber Baby Q. I'm switching over to pellet. Above stove a tad on the small side.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #12

If you watch the video I posted it will tell and show you all that and more.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Gas Grill recommendation

I also use a Coleman Roadtrip. Good size, demountable, and often found on sale for a buck and a quarter. I bought Webers at the S/B for years, 'til I realized they corrode internally just as fast as the cheaper goods!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #14

It's not on your list...but...We have used this Coleman for 5 years now with cast iron grills, griddle (don't use much) and the stove grate (use it all the time)
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas