Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
I am looking at the Winnie 26P (gas) or the View and Navion (V6 diesels)as my first motorhome. Towed trailers for years with various gas trucks, and always had power issues after 60-80,000 miles on mountains (even Poconos on I-81 or I-476). Any experience why the 26P would be better or worse than the smaller diesels? Any other advantages or one or the other?

new2motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Two in our camping club have Views and one has Roadtek on a Sprinter chassis. All are happy. I would take the diesel option without a doubt.

Jim Walker
N Virginia
2014 Palazzo 33.2
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
we bought the diesel seneca. it came down to power and fuel mileage for us.
jeff & cheryl
osomanytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
I've had both and prefer the diesel. The fuel mileage will be better on the View too.

Both the Seneca and the View are excellent choices in my opinion. I would probably be guided by the interior space needed, as there is a good bit of difference in interior space between the two.
Smyrna GA
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Workhorse Chassis Owner
just purchased a 2007 jayco greyhawk 32 ss with 8.1 gas, not because I wanted to but could not find a diesel, so far on this trip of about 2000 miles I average about 7.5 mpg at 60 mph, but I will say this horse will pull with anything I have driven.......love the motorhome so far
stryker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
I have a diesel View. It gets ~15MPG and easily keeps up with the trucks over the mountains.

Norm & Janet

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote