Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #15
A motorhome pulling a dinghy flat towed cannot be backed up. Hence, gassing up has real potential to be problematic. First thing I've done is keep a log of which stations I've successfully used for future reference. When arriving in a new area, after setting up the coach, we scout the area in our dinghy looking for an easily accessible station to use first thing the next morning. I check the pavement for drag marks where others have bottomed out, and every other conceivable potential problem. In traveling from So Cal to the Emerald Coast and back last winter, only once did I not find a suitable station this way. In that case, the park owner assured me there were a couple of places right off the road in the next town up. Since I limit my day's drive to much less than the coach's range, this has worked very well for me.

biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #16
As stated before YOU CAN NEVER BACK-UP PULLING A TOAD 4 DOWN. That said I would worry more about getting out than into a service station. There are few that give enough room to turn between the pumps and the cars parked in front.

2002 Fleetwood Revolution 38B
2006 Honda CR-V Air Force One
waroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We'll also pull up gas stations we're thinking about using on Google Maps - actually we use Google Maps for a lot of our destinations whether it's for fuel, food, etc.

With the satellite/earth view you can zoom in and get a general idea of you can make it in, and most importantly out!
2005 National Sea Breeze 1311
2015 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion (trailered)
Follow us online http://OurRVJourney.com
2Labs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
On the road we utilize the truck stops. At home we have 2 favorite stations that we have used for years. Easy in/out.
Neal and Deb + Mya and Gizmo, the pup's
2003 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #19
I am assuming you have a DP and are fueling were semi's fuel (in most instances). Having said that - I doubt you will have any canopy clearance problems. I actually own a station I built about 8 years ago BEFORE I bought my DP. I had driven plenty of semi's - but had never thought about pulling a toad. Fortunately, I was lucky and put the diesel pumps as a straight in and straight out approach - tons of room. Since I bought the DP my whole mindset on fueling and advertising to travelers has changed...after owning the DP for three years and logging 10's of thousands of miles (and searching for easy access stations) I am putting up a bill board a couple of miles ahead of our station - with one particular message - easy access for big rigs.....ever in Southern MN - look us up at Legacy Motor Fuels...safe travels.

DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote