Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Gasser Steering Actuator

I have been looking into installing a steering actuator on my 2003 Ford F53 33' chassis. I am hoping it will help firm up the steering as I must keep making minor adjustments to the steering wheel while thruway driving. I am considering the "Safe T Plus" and "Roadmaster" units. They both say they do the same things but I am leaning towards the Roadmaster because it is considerably cheaper to purchase. Is the Safe T Plus that much better or is it buyers preference?
jrizz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I added a Safe T Plus steering stabilizer to my 40DP when it had only 6K miles on it and have loved it. It really eliminated the road wander I was experiencing.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you mean actuator or Stabilizer.

the actuator is your arms and hands turning the wheel (this activates the steering) A stablizer helps with handling.

Mine is a Blue Ox True Center.. At the time it had a feature which was unque, this is the ability to re-center it from the driver's seat.

Today I understand the Safe-T-Plus units have that as an option.

In any case. Good option.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Try a panhard rod like the Roadmaster (Davis) Tru Trak or the Henderson Super Steer track bar - I think you will find they give superior results. Those eliminate the side play in the leaf spring suspension that lets the wheels move sideways even when the steering wheel stays straight.

Tru Trac Suspension Stabilizer from Roadmaster - PPL Motor Homes
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #5

steering stabilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Try a panhard rod like the Roadmaster (Davis) Tru Trak or the Henderson Super Steer track bar - I think you will find they give superior results. Those eliminate the side play in the leaf spring suspension that lets the wheels move sideways even when the steering wheel stays straight.

Tru Trac Suspension Stabilizer from Roadmaster - PPL Motor Homes
just wanted to know if the roadmaster unit hangs lower then the axle on a f53
Old 07-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Today I understand the Safe-T-Plus units have that as an option.
Correct. Henderson's Line Up of Grants Pass Oregon designed and manufacture it as an optional add on. I have one and really like it. Only downside is it uses compressed air, so on a gas coach you have to add a compressor and a small reservoir tank.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, steering