Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Geico Coverage?

I have Geico for 2 cars and the MH. Not had to use the Emergency Road Service I pay for on the MH yet.

Anyone have experience with Geico RV ERS? It states that it covers towing, 1 hour mechanical labor at the site of breakdown and $100 lockout service. I'm contacting them to see what they say especially about a flat tire issue.

Would like to know how well has this worked for any of you and if it was a good experience at a bad time.

Thanks

JEA

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #2

We used ours about 4 weeks after putting the MH on it. They were great and quick for a Sunday afternoon. If you have a spare on your MH they will pay to have someone come out and change the tire. The won't pay for a new tire. I/we have been very happy with them and the rates keep going down.

Arnold

Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Arnold. Glad to hear you are happy with their service.

John
Old 07-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had GEICO for years. Their rates have been competetive and whenever I have needed them they have provided excelent response times and service.

Bob

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Bob/Becky D - VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzjea View Post
I have Geico for 2 cars and the MH. Not had to use the Emergency Road Service I pay for on the MH yet.

Anyone have experience with Geico RV ERS? It states that it covers towing, 1 hour mechanical labor at the site of breakdown and $100 lockout service. I'm contacting them to see what they say especially about a flat tire issue.

Would like to know how well has this worked for any of you and if it was a good experience at a bad time.

Thanks

JEA
I've been using Geico Auto insurance products for 23 years. My wife joined the Geico family by default when she married me. We had our travel trailer insured with Geico until we sold it. The only R.V. claims experience that we've had was due to a tire going down. We did not have Geico emergency roadside but Good Sam did a fine job of leaving us on the side of the road for 2.5 hours. When we phoned Good Sam back (While waiting for them to phone us with an ETA) they informed us that they were unable to fine a towing company willing to assist us. The long and short of this message is that Good Sam: Failed us on their first time out of the gait. Glico on the other hand covered, the $10,000.00 repair caused by the tire failure. We will be using Coachnet for our future roadside assistance needs and continue with Geico for our RV..
Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #6

Geico RV insurance is not what it used to be, beware. We have been insured with Geico for many years, very reasonable premiums. On March 26th our Newmar was totaled in a fire at the storage facility in FL. Geico was quick to respond, we had our damage quote in less that 2 weeks. As of today, May 22nd we are still waiting for them to pay the bank. They have offered many lame excuses - the check was issued 2 weeks ago, it's in the mail, we used the wrong rate to compute the sales tax so now you have to fill out a new Letter of Guarantee for your bank, it's his fault, it's my fault, your bank is difficult to deal with. We are now in default of our loan and Geico is very sorry for that, but they are still dragging their feet. Last week the appraiser promised me the check would be overnighted to the bank today and he would call me to confirm that. I'm still waiting. We have no RV and are in default of our loan because of Geico's failure to act in a timely manner to pay a claim for an RV that has been burned to the size of a Kleenex box. We've had it.

Don't be fooled by their lower rates. Unless you are luckier than we have been they will be a nightmare to deal with.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #7

Update - May 25th, the check has still not been received by the bank, Geico says it was overnighted on the 23rd, but they can't track it. They will try to find out where it is again tomorrow. We now have a past due charge to pay the bank.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Geico RV insurance is not what it used to be, beware. We have been insured with Geico for many years, very reasonable premiums. On March 26th our Newmar was totaled in a fire at the storage facility in FL. Geico was quick to respond, we had our damage quote in less that 2 weeks. As of today, May 22nd we are still waiting for them to pay the bank. They have offered many lame excuses - the check was issued 2 weeks ago, it's in the mail, we used the wrong rate to compute the sales tax so now you have to fill out a new Letter of Guarantee for your bank, it's his fault, it's my fault, your bank is difficult to deal with. We are now in default of our loan and Geico is very sorry for that, but they are still dragging their feet. Last week the appraiser promised me the check would be overnighted to the bank today and he would call me to confirm that. I'm still waiting. We have no RV and are in default of our loan because of Geico's failure to act in a timely manner to pay a claim for an RV that has been burned to the size of a Kleenex box. We've had it.

Don't be fooled by their lower rates. Unless you are luckier than we have been they will be a nightmare to deal with.
Ouch man! Is the bank being cool to you about your late payment? Or are they driving you into the ground? I think I might jus go ahead and make a payment (and I would have had prior to it defaulting - not that I'm saying you did the wrong thing, but I just never trust these types of things and am overly cautious about it.)
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #9

Contact Florida's Insurance Commission, have all your information and they will contact Geico. Here is their web site: Office of Insurance Regulation
Insurance companies do not like it when you do this, however you will get some action!

Good Luck!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #10

Finally the check was received by the bank this morning, May 27th, 60 days after the fire. Geico told me it was overnighted there on the 21st, another lie, but at least it really was mailed this time. I will not be renewing with Geico.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When they say they cover towing....find out how many miles.