Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question Geico Insurance Road Service???

I see that I am paying $16.20 a year for Geico Road Service. This is for my 40' Monaco Diplomat. It covers the usual services, towing to nearest service facility, lock out service, tire changes, jump starts, etc.

Has anyone ever used Geico Road Service? Have you used it for a Class A motorhome? What can I expect?

I called their dispatcher and she said that she had been there a year and only had two RV calls. I am not letting go of my Coach Net subscription, but just wondered if anyone had any experience with Geico Road Service.

Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #2

Unfortunately we needed to use Geico road services two weeks ago when the injector pump failed in our coach. The good news is that they were extremely helpful on the phone and worked really hard to get us towed to the the repair facility. The bad news is that it took 8 hours from the time I first contacted Geico to when our coach was delivered to the shop. Total distance was about 20 miles

Bottom line is that the policy more than paid for my six month premuim because my guess is that the towing charge was over $1000.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:24 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
What took so long?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 PM   #4

Finding someone with the right equipment and who was willing to come out on a Saturday night. The insurance agent worked non-stop for 6 hours calling every tow service in the Sacramento/Woodland area.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #5

Hi, I've never liked Geico much from the stories I've heard from unhappy clients coming into my office. I personally like progressive for all RV coverage. I do hope it worked out in the long run!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #6

Despite what NewOwner83 said I have Geico and have for years. I have found them to be great for all our vehicles. I have had other insurance companies (all name brand and not) Geico is by far the best for me. Last spring we broke down on the road (locked brakes) on a Sunday afternoon. The gal on the phone was very helpful and it took her about 30 minutes to find a company that had the ability to tow our Class A. 45 min. later he was there and towed us to a garage. They were willing to send a cab to take my family home (we broke down about 10 miles from home) but we didn't need that because family came. I don't carry any other roadside service because we don't put enough miles each year to justify the cost.

The time it takes for them to get to you depends on size of your rig, how busy the tow company is, many tow companies can't handle large RV's, and if you are in the middle of nowhere. For the cost of 1 tow and paying about $200 a year for coverage you paid for the in 1 service call.

Good Luck
Arnold
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #7

On these towing policies thru your insurance agt/company, just take a very close look and see if there is a max mileage figure per tow....AAA, State Farm (which I used to have until I looked into their mileage cap) many times have a max miles/tow...That is why it is only 16.00/year as an add-on .....

GS or Coach-Net tow to the nearest qualified facility, regardless of mileage....That is why it is over 100.00/year.....

If you can get towing to the nearest qualified repair facility thru Geico for 16.00 per year that is great....It might be this is not the case.....

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, CA
Old 09-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
GEICO says it tows to the nearest qualified facility. I have had them for 30 years on my cars and they have been great when we needed them for cars. I just want to be sure that they understand hard it can be to promptly find a tow truck that can pull a 40' class A motorhome. Coach Net understands that, but charges more.

Tags
insurance, service