Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #1

Geico Insurance - we are happy

Geico offered to insure our new Itasca Sunstar 26HE for about $350/year.

Regarding our auto insurance, we used to be with Progressive. Had 2 older cars.

When we bought a brand new 2013 Honda Odyssey we checked out Geico. They were able to insure the same two older cars AND the new Odyssey for LESS than Progressive was charging for the two older cars.

Same coverage.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
It pays to shop around!

pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good info as I'm in the process of shopping for ins on the cars and MH. I got one yesterday for just the MH from Blue Sky. It was $3002 for just the motorhome!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

Farm Bureau -- 1417.89 / year, full coverage, with a 1000.00 deduct, (03 DP, 40 ft.) quoted to me yesterday. I still think I can do better.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #5
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Most of the insurance companies that have covered our rv's over the years use, what I call "teaser rates", to attract customers then slowly raise those rates each year. Now, I send out 5-6 requests annually for quotes to different companies/brokers in the event our current insurer's rates go up more than I'm willing to accept.

Several years ago, I was using a certain company whose name starts with P as their beginning rate was very attractive. Each year after saw the premium progressively go up by a small amount until the 5th one when it jumped 65% resulting in an almost double amount from year (1). I called and asked why the very noticeable increase as I had no claims, tickets, etc. The cs reps response was, "because we can" to help us cover other customers claims. I responded, ok, and hung up. Several weeks later, I called back and asked for the same rep to cancel my policy as I had gone with another company at 1/2 the yearly premium. When he asked why, I replied, "because I can" as your company like others don't really care about the customers. Bottom line, they are not your friend.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #6

I have been with Nat'l Interstate for 5 yrs. In that time I have had an $85 increase (total). I am paying $750/yr and that includes all my roadside assiatance with CoachNet. Great claims and concierge service too!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
HHg

I'm a Geico lover as well. I now insure both cars and the RV for less than I previously paid just for the RV. I switched my home, rental property and business insurance over to Geico. And, yes, I made absolutely positive I was not getting reduced coverage......as a fact, my Geico policy is better than what I previously had.....

Thanks!
Hhg
Old 03-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Is the company you are using providing you with real replacement value at an increasing rate annually?

Compare apples to apples...
Old 03-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
I'm a Geico lover as well. I now insure both cars and the RV for less than I previously paid just for the RV. I switched my home, rental property and business insurance over to Geico. And, yes, I made absolutely positive I was not getting reduced coverage......as a fact, my Geico policy is better than what I previously had.....

Thanks!
Hhg
Same here. I just switched my motorhome and two cars over to them in the past month.
Cut my bill in half. :-)
Old 03-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
GEICO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Is the company you are using providing you with real replacement value at an increasing rate annually?

Compare apples to apples...
Great point. When pressed Geico did offer the best rate just not the full replacement value. Rather depreciated value based on book. For less than five hundred dollars I found full replacement value with National interstate. Same deductible etc. I found its best to shop every year. Just my experience.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2 cents worth. I was with the same company for 20 years, two cars & motor home, at $200 per month. Geico is now $110. I have their roadside also. No claims for us yet.. My son, on a separate policy, recently had an uninsured driver hit him & total his car. Geico payed him very well and very fast on his car.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Geico just renewed my policy on my MH, including 2 cars, for about $1020, and I had a claim last year! I'm still pleased with them. I switched from "Progressive", about 2 years ago, when they wanted to double my policy, to $2000, just on my MH!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #13

I recently switched to Geico Full timer's insurance and our toad 704.00 per 6 months, much cheaper than Foremost who I just dropped. I re-check rates every spring.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am insuring my new 2014 Newmar Ventana along with 3 cars and a motorcycle with Geico. Only issue I had was that they would not offer full replacement cost. As I am in my new motorhome at a very competitive price (covering initial depreciation) and the premium savings are huge due to bundling the autos and RV I am very happy!

JPL2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance