Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #29

ZephyrBill08

I have used my Gen-turi with my Hydro Hot for 3 years, no problems. IIRC Roger Berke suggests that the Gen-turi's pipe fits OVER the Aqua Hot's exhaust pipe.

RV Hydronic Heater Forum

Mike
Newmar KADP 4084

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
I used the suction cups . Got big ones from Harbor freight . But still they are a little
Mickey Mouse . I like Diplomat Dons bracket idea much better

Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #31

I was wondering if the Aqua Hot would be too Hot for the unit --- apparently not.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you very much. As a newbie I read the forums for information I have learned a lot on here. I will buy or make one before I use my generator again. I never even have the generator exhaust a thought. I appreciate the advise.
Happy new year to all
Rick
Old 01-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When shopping around for ours, I found that Amazon.com had the best price and free shipping. In looking now, it's still the best price around at $108 (we paid $105), with free shipping. Camco 44461 Gen-Turi RV Generator Exhaust Venting System : Amazon.com : Automotive

It's a full package with all the exhaust mounting brackets, wall attachment brackets, plastic tubes to keep the heat down and a storage bag - which makes breakdown/setup and storage a breeze.

With all the other items we spend $$ on on the motorhome, $105 is cheap enough for me Open the amazon box, and 5 minutes later you're all set to test it out.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One comment.. Some folks have ask how hot the black "Stack"gets.. Well, though this is a "Do as I say not as I do" I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TRY THIS AT YOUR HOME post.

I have often gone from funning the generator in a parking lot, in the heat of summer, to running as I go down the road,, This involves removign the Genturi WITH THE GENERATOR RUNNING.

Only once has it bee too hot to handle comfortablly (NOTE DO NOT TOUCH THE METAL PART.

When I do this I pull off the top two sections, seperate them and bag 'em Then I release the "Shock straps" as they call 'em and use a tool (Often my shoe) to remove the sweep from the generator exhaust.

Walk it around the house (Motorhome) and by the time I get to the entrance door its ready to bag.

One time it was too hot.. Well it was in direct sunlight and it ahd soaked up kilocalories of sun. It would have been equally hot had the generator never been started.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Have been using my Gen-turi with my aqua hot for awhile now. Did modify it to accommodate the 2" exhaust on the aqua hot by replacing the inch and a half bend with one that has a 2" diameter.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
When shopping around for ours, I found that Amazon.com had the best price and free shipping. In looking now, it's still the best price around at $108 (we paid $105), with free shipping. Camco 44461 Gen-Turi RV Generator Exhaust Venting System : Amazon.com : Automotive

It's a full package with all the exhaust mounting brackets, wall attachment brackets, plastic tubes to keep the heat down and a storage bag - which makes breakdown/setup and storage a breeze.

With all the other items we spend $$ on on the motorhome, $105 is cheap enough for me Open the amazon box, and 5 minutes later you're all set to test it out.
That's where I got mine too, best price around. The price varies a little day to day.
mllk3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #37

As I seem to understand... This is a one size fits all deal- provided box has the handy adapters still. Correct?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
As I seem to understand... This is a one size fits all deal- provided box has the handy adapters still. Correct?
Our GenTuri came with a couple of differently sized attachments for the generator exhaust. I would assume that these would fit nearly all generator exhausts.

GenTuri exhaust photos

Here's what the full package from Amazon includes:

2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
Not quite, is comes with 3 sizes of adaptors, if one of those fit you are good to go, if not you need to order the correct size @ an additional cost.
They also sell a 18" extension if needed.
mllk3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #40

Thanks. We have a Fuzion Touring Edition II. The height from the ground to top is 12'10". I have an Onan 5500. Hopefully a good fit.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will add this.. Some folks complain that "I installed the Gen-Turi but it is still as loud as it was before"

Well.. That is not what a Gen-turi is designed to fix.. I mean that's a bit like saying "I put on boots but when it rains my hair still gets wet"

Though the last is a joke, I'm very serious, that's a fair compairson. The gen-turi will somewhat change the QUALITY of the sound from the genrator, but not the quanity.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #42

I built my own and there is a definite difference in the level of sound when you insert the pipe from the generator into the larger stand pipe. The exhaust air might be cooled more with it below the pipe, but it is louder.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote