Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
In my opinion Entegra Coach would be on the top of the list with Tiffin dead last. Visit the "tiffinnetwork.com" site and spend some time there before coming to any conclusion regarding Tiffin. Some of their owner's defend their coach no matter how bad they are.

Sold 2009 Allegro Bus 36QSP model in March 2011. Want a Newmar with a tag axle.
hellojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Ford Super Duty Owner
My sister and her husband purchased a new Monaco about the time we did (six months ago). Theirs has been in the shop constantly and still has problems. Our new Winnebago has had one small problem, period. I haven't found anything about it that I am disappointed with.

2011 Winnebago Adventurer 35P
Towing a 2014 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door with a Can Am Maverick XRS 1000 SXS behind the Jeep.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
I'm a retired auto mechanic with 45 years of real world experience in motor vehicles, but none in the RV field. When shopping for our current MH, I was impressed by the build quality of the Winnebago/Itasca units compared with others that I looked at. After 25K miles of use, I am happy with my choice.

I took the Factory tour last Fall, and was surprised to see that Winnebago manufactures it's own body and interior trim (upholstery, cabinets, even the plastic base for the shower), rather than buying from outside suppliers. The quality shows.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Another Fleetwood Owner Weighs In

Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
We just traded our 2003 fleetwood excursion...
We just finished a year using the daylights out of our 2005 Fleetwood Excursion, are very happy.

We've looked at no less than fifty coaches recently, have some general conclusions.

I'd put Country Coach at the top, Tiffin and Newmar next, followed by Monaco, then Fleetwood. Entegra Coach seems to be next, followed by Winnebago. Winnies have the most innovative ideas, but seem to lag behind in materials. Were it not for that, the house portion of the rig could easily be up there with Newmar and Tiffin.

I'd own any of 'em, but want the Monaco for its Prevost-like ride, as my next rig.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
Had a National gas, an Itasca diesel both good coaches. But the older Monacos, Beavers, Foretravel's are just solid built affordable coaches, good gel coat, solid wood cabinets, plywood sub floors, fiberglass roofs. If I could afford new Allegro Bus, Enterga, Fleetwood Reveloution, Newmar would be on top of the list.
Bruce Linda and Zoey
1999 ForeTravel U295
012 orange Jeep Wrangler
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I like my 04 Vectra, when I go to work on something it's either solid wood or plywood, no press board, I'm a cabinet maker and like real wood and plywood, as far as chassis and how it,s built, freightliner chassis, Cummins Deisel, Alison Transmission, and Onan Generator all common all easy to find service for and all high on Quality scale. I also like the fact that slides and levelers are hydraulic. So in my opinion the older Winnebagos are under rated.
John and Vicki,2004 Winne Vectra 350 Cummins, 10k lb Blu Ox tow bar , 04 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd toad
cmpncrsaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
my 05 monaco has some good and bad issues. Seems like the factory couldnt cut a hole correctly to install the floor vents. Lots of finish nails that needed to be punched in. Inaccessible holding tanks, 3" long screws in panel board. I dont complain because I bought mine cheap. Had I paid MSRP... Id be extremely unhappy.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #22
We are on our 4th American Coach, so far they have served us very well.
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
We have owned 3 diesel pushers since 1993. A Gulfstream, then a Monaco Dynasty and finally a Allegro Bus (Tiffin) and totally agree with the others here, regardless of brand, plan on a 1 year sorting out process. It pains me to say this as it's totally unwarranted and unnecessary. I spent 15 years as a Quality Manager in the Aerospace industry and quality is designed into a product and carried out by a sound quality control system. It seems that the RV industry is in exactly the same place as our auto industry was BEFORE the Japanese started selling auto's in the US. Let's hope the US RV industry wakes up BEFORE the Japanese decide to produce RV's here. I doubt if anyone would complain about spending an extra few K dollars for a $100-$300K motorhome if the quality of the coach was where it should be coming off the assembly line.
I agree, the Tiffin customer service after the sale is great. The only problem with that statement is---it's based on fixing errors/problems/issues that shouldn't be in a newly delivered coach in the first place!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #24
best quality

newmar all the way
fulltimereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #25
I have a Phaeton. It has been nearly perfect, and Tiffin was very responsive when I went to Red Bay, AL.

gk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #26
Not to sound like sour grapes, but bought a new mandalay by thor in 08 and it had more problems when I got rid of it after 14 months than when new. Stayed at dealers more than home. I would not look at another thor product...jim w.
Shotgunjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #27
Originally Posted by Shotgunjim View Post
Not to sound like sour grapes, but bought a new mandalay by thor in 08 and it had more problems when I got rid of it after 14 months than when new. Stayed at dealers more than home. I would not look at another thor product...jim w.
I believe thor takes the award for worst quality control and worst customer service. Tom Overton at thor has one statement " not covered".
2013 f150 4x4, 2 pia horses! 2016 phaeton 40 ah and 2015 polaris sling shot
anotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #28
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
I dont complain because I bought mine cheap. Had I paid MSRP... Id be extremely unhappy.
Anybody that pays MSRP for a motorhome should be extremely unhappy!! It means you got taken bigtime!!

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote