Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owner, No Brand Loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
We just traded our 2003 fleetwood Excursion...
We became Fleetwood owners more or less by accident, for our first year; I'm similarly impressed with the brand. Largely trouble-free, more stylish than others in its price range.

Our next coach, in order: 2009-10 Monaco 42 KFQ, 2008-2009 CC, 2010-12 Tour, 2012 Newmar DSDP, 2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2

We became Fleetwood owners more or less by accident, for our first year; I'm similarly impressed with the brand. Largely trouble-free, more stylish than others in its price range.

Our next coach, in order: 2009-10 Monaco 42 KFQ, 2008-2009 CC, 2010-12 Tour, 2012 Newmar DSDP, 2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
RVNeophytes2'
We just saw the new Fleetwood Discovery at the RV park where we are wintering, very impressive 40 ft. Coach. Our new 42m providence really fits our needs as we travel with a golden and a border collie. Not a lot of dollar difference between the two coaches take a look at the Providence 42M.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post
Maybe it's time someone sent a printout of one of these threads to Mr. Tiffin. Seems he needs a wake up call of sorts.
I've read the same critiques on here and on TRVN over and over again yet they're seemingly oblivious to the overwhelming amount of criticism and dissatisfaction.
I don't get it...so many seem happy to have to travel to Red Bay on a regular basis as if it's an amusement park.
I sure hope my simple little Allegro doesn't have the issues I've been reading about.
Being in the market and reading everything you can find, you form opinions about the various manufacturers. These opinions, whether right or wrong, are what you use in your decision making process.

We almost pulled the trigger on a Allegro RED 38 QBA this last weekend. As we walked around the coach, the wife points out a 12" long side wall crack at the base of the rear bedroom slide. She was shocked and disappointed. I looked at the salesman and the Tiffin rep and shook my head. We walked away very disappointed. I'm not sure I want to buy knowing there is a potential for side wall cracking and I will need to replace the roof rails if I keep more that a couple of years. Those are major item. We're not worried about the little things in new rigs as we've dealt with them before.

Tiffin stands behind everything they sell soooooo! We'll keep looking and maybe others will step up to the plate for customer support.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
bought my serrano used; 6000mi 1yr old. Thor says no warranty so now its in the shop with 32 defects some of which wont get fixed because the extended warranty company says the manufacturer just plain builds crap and the defects are not mechanical breakdowns. So much for the previous owner getting everything fixed! How about the original owner bailing out on an obvious poor quality motorhome and getting some piece of mind with another brand!!!!!
Sounds like the previous owner did not want to deal with all the issues and traded it in. Happens all the time with problem RV's it is the buyer's responsibility to have any USED RV,car, boat ect inspected by a third party to save the buyer future grief. I am sure this was an "as is" sale as most used RV's are and after 12 month warranty has expired you are on your own. Some manufacturer's will do a customer satisfaction repair if it is the original owner and out of warranty for a few months. With 32 defects now you know why it was traded in.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality