Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I too am a chef, pastry chef and have given great thought to what your thinking about. Traveling around going to different state fairs, country fairs and all sorts if things.

Biggest block is upon each state your going to have to get a temporary food handlers permit. Of course you will have one from your home state as well as a current safety and sanitation certificate.

Be prepared for food inspectors in every state, as well as the tax and revenue. Lots of paperwork and who knows how long of a wait it will be to get the proper paperwork in order.

I have thought about starting with my home state, NM at state fair, balloon fiesta and the smaller county venues. Since I am already liscenced with the state I just have to keep track of the tax rate for what ever county I'm selling in and send in my monthly paperwork and check.

Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #16
All true and i agree... Still working out the bugs. And there are many..

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 2015 Anthem.

Robert & Jana + fur baby rescues...Jimmie,Pepper,Pixie
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B
RRDefector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #17
Newmar Owners Club
Consider the Newmar AllStar Tailgater coach model 4258. Go to
#3331 - 2009 Newmar All Star Tailgater W/Slide (4258) Used RV For Sale for sale in Alvarado TX and take a look. This unit is sold and just an example. If you Google "newmar allstar 4258 for sale" you will get choices.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Saw this posted in this thread:

How old is too old in a Class A DP, 5 year, 10 year?

Hope it helps.
Great view!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
And hey, this mobile food thing is viable!

I met a guy in San Fran who travels the country with a small team that operates a food trailer at all manners of "events". Think Moto-Cross, Sports Events - things of this nature.

It must be lucrative enough, cause he drove there from New York with many stops on the way there and back. So legitimate idea. Albeit they towed the trailer with a speciality 18 wheeler cab -

Also, my wife and I have wrestled with the new over old thing for months now. And even though we can afford a new one, we struggle with the loss of money on new - even though we travel a TON. I continually think of all the things I could do with that 100k loss over the next 5 years - I mean a hundred grand is a hundred grand! Especially when our old Betsy has successfully gotten me from one coast of our great country to the other, twice.

I paid roughly 90k for "betsy", put 14k worth of work into her, and we now beat the crud out of her going sometimes places others won't take a new paint job into. Is she perfect? No. Does she have scratches and cracks? Yep. Does she have a few gremlins? Yeppers. Does she have the full wall slide and half bath I desperately love? Nope, but wish she did. Is she a workhorse of a machine that gets me there safely every time? YOU BET! We've come to realize the journey is the most important thing. The places you go, the people you meet, the ways you explore the world. And with a payment roughly the same as a new high end car - it works, no pressure, it just works.

We still dream of the new stuff - a full wall slide, tile, a tiled shower that's bigger, a king size bed (would love to have), MCD shades, heated floors - but just haven't been able to justify it yet when I can do so many other things with that money.

I'm not advocating that you feel bad about buying a brand new coach. DO IT, it's worth it. You will have issues to fix, and things that break, but please what ever you do - USE IT (that is of course, after the break in shake down time). Drive it, go places, get her dirty, don't freak out over scratches, don't wash it every time a speck of dust hits it, don't be afraid to trek off the path sometimes. OR maybe wash it everytime it gets dusty, stick to solid pavement and resorts with other new paint jobs - some prefer this over my old dusty washboard road to sit in the desert routine. It's all up to you man.

I can add that tires and batteries are far less money than the first year depreciation.

I can also add that anything older than 2013 is going to "look" inside, like every rv ever made from 2002 up. Only recently did stuff like TV in the corner or pop up tv's really get going.

I can also add that you should expect the first year with either a new coach or an old coach to require some shake down / shop time. Possibly not though.

best of luck, and the anthem is a BEAUTIFUL coach!!!! In the price range, you might consider a mountainaire or kingaire. You might also consider a used countrycoach in the 07 to 09 year models. The Intrigue is a solid machine (as is the Allure) - eh heck with that, get the Anthem New technology is cool (unless it breaks... hmm) I kinda like that my systems are all very simple. No macerators, no aquahot, no computer electronics - just simple - but all that stuff sounds cool in theory for sure! And it works for a lot of people.

AND if I were to by Entegra, I would go latest and greatest. They have only been making these Class A's for a short time, and I would prefer the benefit of all of the lessons they learned from the first few years. And were I to buy new, I wouldn't buy a thing without test driving one myself.

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote