Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #1

Generator Exhaust

Thinking about using
Camco Gen-Turi Generator Exhaust Venting System any thoughts . Safety Thanks John
Johntraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They work. I have one and have only used it at this point on my Aqua Hot exhaust when we were at a rally and close to our neighbor.

It does a great job sending the exhaust up and away.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:47 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I agree, they work great, and are a must if parked near others or you want to run the generator over night. I've had ours for years and have used it on multiple rigs.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:52 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yes they work, we bought one for our rig to get the exhaust up off the ground, it dissipates better up high. We use it to be good neighbors.

My wife goes to dog shows and they pack people close together. Unfortunately they do not require any type of system like this. ~4 years ago she was at a show and the neighbors generator exhaust was pointed right at our rig and they ran the generator constantly. The carbon monoxide detectors started sounding off and they couldn't do anything to stop it. She finally had to request to be moved the next day.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM   #5

We're not the biggest of boondocker's... but I had an event where I was going to be using the generator extensively... I purchased one, glad I did.. It definitely gives you the confidence to sleep at night knowing you've taken the right steps to eliminate carbon monoxide issues...

It's pretty cool.. the first time I used it.. it was a crisp Wisconsin Fall evening... it was neat to actually see the exhaust being vented up and over the rig...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We have used ours to be good neighbors at rally's that didn't have power. Works great and I wouldn't leave home without it.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:27 AM   #7

Most generator exhaust pipes are baloney cut & slightly angled. Do you have to straight cut the exhaust pipe or does the Gen Turi fit over the slight bend?
Old 03-04-2016, 07:47 AM   #8

There is an adapter to match the pipe to the Genturi input that can take care of some of that.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingCajun View Post
Most generator exhaust pipes are baloney cut & slightly angled. Do you have to straight cut the exhaust pipe or does the Gen Turi fit over the slight bend?
Yep, the Gen-turi up-turn adapter takes care of whatever kind of "cut" is on the end of your exhaust pipe. Makes no difference.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"CampingCajun"........The GenTuri comes with 2-3 adapters that are made to fit various size exhaust pipes. You have to remove the chrome tip to use the GenTuri tip. Typically, most install the GenTuri tip and leave it that way. The only downside is the tip is just bare metal.

On my last coach and current coach, I added (welded) a set screw to the GenTuri tip that allows me to "quick connect" a chrome tip to the GenTuri tip. I like having a chrome tip on the exhaust.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #11

I made one out of a couple pieces of gutter downspout, and some angles pop riveted to the spout. I tie it off to the ladder with bungees and take it down when moving.

Only need to use it at some race tracks where we are packed in tightly.

considerably cheaper than the commercial item....
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
We're not the biggest of boondocker's... but I had an event where I was going to be using the generator extensively... I purchased one, glad I did.. It definitely gives you the confidence to sleep at night knowing you've taken the right steps to eliminate carbon monoxide issues...
oakcreekeric
If your generator exhaust system is installed correctly and is working correctly you can confidently sleep at night while your generator is running... without adding anything.

However if the generator exhaust system on your coach is bad no add on "gizmo" will fix it.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"CampingCajun"........The GenTuri comes with 2-3 adapters that are made to fit various size exhaust pipes. You have to remove the chrome tip to use the GenTuri tip. Typically, most install the GenTuri tip and leave it that way. The only downside is the tip is just bare metal.

On my last coach and current coach, I added (welded) a set screw to the GenTuri tip that allows me to "quick connect" a chrome tip to the GenTuri tip. I like having a chrome tip on the exhaust.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"mel s".....I'm sure that you're aware that some rallies and shows REQUIRE that a GenTuri be used if you run your generator.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator