Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrons31 View Post
Usually, I get happy responses when I am tracks like Mid-Ohio and Michigan in regards to my Gen-turi. The spots at some tracks are really close and I purchased it as more of a courtesy. It works as expected. Slight noise reduction and no exhaust to my neighbors awning area and or tent....

Easy to install. Takes up very little storage space. I recommend the Camco 44850 Gen-turi Suction Cup Mounts as they have performed well for the last three years or so. Yes. I initially tried a couple of the various "dent puller" variants and they just did not perform well. Many may say differently. But I am happy with these. Where I set up at Watkins Glen is usually very windy, and they have not failed me yet.

I am still surprised from time to time when I get the, "what the heck is that?" when it's on the side of my unit.....
I take my Gen-Turi to Watkins Glen also but have never had to use it. I still carry my Honda 2000 generators which I can point in a direction away from everyone else. I use the Hondas for everything except the AC which we don't use as we don't spend time inside anyway or watch TV. Heck I can do that and stay home
BTW, we camp on G-279 about 100 yards from the berm at turn 11. Been there for several years.
Stop by and say HI! You can't miss our site. It's the only one there with a full hookup post in front of our MH. 2 electrical plugs and a water faucet and the number is on the pole.
Leave your beer home. We have an adequate supply.
Lynn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #16

Count me in with a GenTuri
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/getti...ml#post3678459
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I take my Gen-Turi to Watkins Glen also but have never had to use it. I still carry my Honda 2000 generators which I can point in a direction away from everyone else. I use the Hondas for everything except the AC which we don't use as we don't spend time inside anyway or watch TV. Heck I can do that and stay home
BTW, we camp on G-279 about 100 yards from the berm at turn 11. Been there for several years.
Stop by and say HI! You can't miss our site. It's the only one there with a full hookup post in front of our MH. 2 electrical plugs and a water faucet and the number is on the pole.
Leave your beer home. We have an adequate supply.
Lynn
Wait, why the heck do you need a Genturi?
Old 07-27-2017, 06:11 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjpr View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on generator exhaust stacks?
They are very popular in the houseboat industry and mandatory at some marinas.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:20 AM   #19

Gen-turi beats sitting in a cloud of exhaust listening to your CO detector go off. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sespe View Post
Wait, why the heck do you need a Genturi?
Because the hookup post is a fake I bring along and drive into the ground.
You wouldn't believe the comments I get about it. People go by and write the site number down so they can request that site next year etc.
I've even told some who have asked about it. "My uncle manages this place and I had him put it in for me".
One of the best ones though was two years ago my daughter's sister in law went down with all of us. She watched as we set the campers up and even watched us drive the post into the ground. Less than 10 minutes later she walked over to the post, set her cell phone on top of the post and plugged her charger in. The rest of us were laughing so hard we were nearly crying.
When she discovered the phone wasn't charging my daughter explained why. Round two of laughs.
Lynn
Old 07-27-2017, 07:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Because the hookup post is a fake I bring along and drive into the ground.
You wouldn't believe the comments I get about it. People go by and write the site number down so they can request that site next year etc.
I've even told some who have asked about it. "My uncle manages this place and I had him put it in for me".
One of the best ones though was two years ago my daughter's sister in law went down with all of us. She watched as we set the campers up and even watched us drive the post into the ground. Less than 10 minutes later she walked over to the post, set her cell phone on top of the post and plugged her charger in. The rest of us were laughing so hard we were nearly crying.
When she discovered the phone wasn't charging my daughter explained why. Round two of laughs.
Lynn
That made my day!!!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #22

"It's the only one there with a full hookup post in front of our MH."

I'd love to see what that looks like! I may have to steal your idea. Pix?
Lindan n Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #23

Serious Sound Reduction?

I'm very interested in the idea,

I've got an Onan 7000W generator. I't not particularly noisy, but you DO know it's running. Does the Genturi really reduce the sound a significant amount? Does it reduce the sound outside the MH as well as inside? I can understand getting the exhaust fumes up and away, but am very curious about the sound as well. Could the sound be reduced even further if the pipe had a layer of insulation wrapped around it or in it, or would that be overkill?
Lindan n Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:38 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindan n Jim View Post
"It's the only one there with a full hookup post in front of our MH."

I'd love to see what that looks like! I may have to steal your idea. Pix?
Right now it is packed in and ready to go next week. When I get it out I'll snap a picture and see if I can get it on here.
I also have an extension cord with two male plugs which can power up the other three plugs. My wife loves plugging in her hair dryer and running it there.
I just added that feature last year.

Tags
generator