Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Generator slide on a 2007 4320 Dutch Star

Any hints on getting the genny compartment open on my 2007 Dutch star 4320. I have found the release Handel in the lower left side compartment. I beleive this is motorized?? Is there another switch I'm missing???
My genny is on the slide the whole front of my coach below the windshield slides out with the generator. As I previously said I found the release point in the lower left front compartment. As I stated I believe that the slide is motorized. I'm not sure if there is another switch to run the slide motor. Or if it's controlled by the T handle.
Thank you,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Not sure about motorized gen slide. On our 2012 DSDP the handle in the front left electronics bay opens the front "hood". Once the hood is open, there is another pull handle on the drivers side of that front area inside the hood that must be pulled to release our manual gen slide. Sometimes that pull handle is difficult. Pushing in on the front of the gen slide can take the pressure off the latch to make it easier to release.
I have to firmly reseat that pull handle before sliding gen back in or it doesn't latch securely.
Be sure your gen slide is firmly reseated or you may get a surprise during your next heavy braking.
Hope this helps.

dc3carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is not a motor. When you pull the release handle it releases a catch and then a spring should push the hood forward a few inches so you can grab it and pull it out.

So, assuming the latch is getting properly released, either the spring is missing/broke or there is a problem with the rails. Maybe it needs some lube attention.

BTW...Make sure you check the EG mounting bolts. When I had my EG serviced last year, all 4 bolts where snapped. The tech said it was not as rare as you might think. We drilled and tapped new holes for bigger bolts.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Sky Boss,
Thank you for the info. Your referring to the "EG" bolts???
Old 04-26-2015, 11:16 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post
Sky Boss,
Thank you for the info. Your referring to the "EG" bolts???
Yes...there are 4 bolts that secure the Engine Generator (EG) to the slide rails. They seem to be susceptible to being over torqued when put on.

BTW...it is pretty easy to find the locking catch. It is at the back of the EG and down low. You can easily see the cable run from it to your handle. Perhaps the cable to the catch has become broken. The spring, if I recall from the last time I was looking, is very near the catch mechanism.

Tags
dutch star, generator, slide