Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
I am considering purchasing a 2000 Cruise Air Georgie Boy. Any negative comments?

John & Diane Robertson
2007 Sea Breeze 35'
Colorado Springs, Colorado
John Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
I am considering purchasing a 2000 Cruise Air Georgie Boy. Any negative comments?

John & Diane Robertson
2007 Sea Breeze 35'
Colorado Springs, Colorado
John Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Hey John: I have a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit. It's the lower end of the Class A GB line. Had it since its new and love it. Mine is a 35 ft, 2 slides, V10, bought new and has about 35,000 miles. Last year was our largest trip from Fl to Las Vegas w/ a 2001 Jeep Cherokee toad. Had to go into the slow lane going up the mountains around Aspin Colorado, but otherwise fantastic trip. I suspect if you give a little more info regarding the Cruise Air (i.e. motor type, miles, size)you might get a little more specific information than I can provide. Wish you and your well, safe traveling........ bill
bill carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
John, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us. I am going to put in a short cut to our New Member Check In section so others can welcome you and give your question more exposure. Good luck and enjoy the website.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you look at my signature, you can see that I have a 2000 Georgie Boy but it isn't a Cruise Air.

We shopped for a long time before we bought this RV and are still as pleased with our decision today as we were when we made it. As long as you understand what you getting, my guess is that you will be satisfied.

Part of your satisfaction will be tied to how well the RV has been maintained. At 8 years, for example, it is way over due for new tires if they haven't been replaced. It is a little difficult to go further without more information about the specific type of unit that you are considering. There were 38' DPs sold under the Cruise Air model name but I just saw a gas 2000 model. In any case, knowing the maintenance history might be very important.

We have done quite a bit to ours including having anti-sway bars installed at the chassis (Freightliner) factory. There have been a couple of maddening bugs like periodically loosing the speedometer but we have finally resolved all of those. GBM support has been luke warm at best but we have a great dealer and he has been a big help with
that. We've had great support from Freightliner and we needed every bit of it.

The most important aspect of any RV is how well it suits your needs. For us, the floor plan was a very important consideration. We don't park for very long in one place so traveling comfort was high on our list, too. We got a great price on ours because it only has one slide but we knew that was going to work fine for us and we were disappointed with that choice.

Realistically, you can expect to find some problems during use. We were very careful with our PDI and even then the dealer supported us for a couple of months after the sale, correcting a few things that we found. Overall, I think Georgie Boy's quality in construction is sound and things seem to hold together pretty well.

If there are any specific questions that you have, you may wish to post them.

Good Luck.

2000 Georgie Boy Landau 36' DP
2005 Saturn Vue toad
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote