Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
41pu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
This should give a basic idea of standard and optional equipment. Again, this is for a 99 but not a lot of change in the models during that period.. (96-2000)
Cruise Master - Specifications
Thanks for the spec sheet. This will come in handy when making a offer on this
Georgie Boy ..
He has stated many extras that he doesn't have.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi SCDIVER.
IT DOES HAVE AIR BAGS .
OWNER DIDNT EVEN KNOW THEY WERE THERE.
Possibility there bad.
Thanks for the heads up
Tom

Old 01-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #17

454 Chevy is known to break exhaust manifold studs. Make sure there are no exhaust leaks. Brakes are marginal and as the description you found, made for a one ton PU. Make sure the parking brake functions normally. This rig does not have a parking pawl in the transmission and relies on the automatic parking brake to keep it from rolling when stopped. The motor will make plenty of power, more (different?) than the Ford v10 but is less civilized. Either motor is going to power the rig but in my experience the Chevy will get a little better mileage right around 8 mpg. I had a 94 Damon Intruder w/454 before our current rig. It was not a Vortec. It also had no slides so was lighter and may have given the impression of more power. Check the roof and caulking carefully at that age it may be close to needing replaced. Price seems a little high but if condition is as described I would work on the price a little and make an offer! Hope it works out for you.

2003 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster-F53 Chassis towing 1998 Tracker
Old 01-18-2015, 12:38 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
The transmission is a 4L80E.
My understanding it is a electronic version of a 400 turbo.only better.
I would think the parking paw is still there. But I will definitely look into that.
I did see that large brake drum looking thing on the tail shaft of the transmission.
No exhaust leak at this time,roof looks great was redone about two years they claim.
Suppose to go for a road test tomorrow at freeway speeds we will see.
I'm thinking 14 or 15k because it needs tires,they look great but there 10 year old Michelins .
Thank for you input every little bit helps.
Tom
Old 01-18-2015, 03:15 PM   #19

The p32 chassis does not have a check pawl in the transmission to hold you when you are in park. You have a auto park system that sets the drum brakes, using hydraulics, located between the transmission and the drive shaft. These systems are a issue from time to time. I just finished fixing mine. Below is a link that might help you understand this system.

Auto park brake J71 for P32, new troubleshooting guide

They are fairly easy to work on but you do need to know about them. There is a lot of info on this system and there is an expert goes by the handle of oldusedbear that will give advise or help for free.

Just Google auto park system p32 and you will find a world of info.

Hope this helps again.

Steven
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #20

If you want to talk to me about my experience fixing up my MH, as it was bought on a salvage title, just pm me with an email address or a phone number.

Thanks
Steven
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #21

Just got the same one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangster View Post
I have a new to Georgie Boy cruise air xl... 2002 dp, on a freightliner xl, 38' Cat 330.. Needed a little love but I feel thats the fun part. Fit and finish is over the top. drives well. I feel NADA under rates this unit.
Hi,
Just got the same one. Paid $49k, just needs a couple things done to her. How you com'n with yours?

Paul
Old 05-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #22

Congratulations... With alittle luck you will like yours just as much as we do.. Yes, I have gone though the whole unit. Cleaned and polished , fluids and filter, inside hardware to silver, new furniture, tires, 3 new TV's, carpet.. on and on.. During the process I have learned the unit inside and out. No disappointments..
Old 05-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #23

41, I wouldn't worry about "extras" when deciding on price. They don't add a heck of a lot of value to a used rig. Dicker your price on the base rig and what you think it is worth to you, extra's are subjective in worth. Does sound like a nice rig though.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #24

I purchased a used 2006 35ft Georgie Boy model Pursuit in 2013. This summer I noticed the floor in the corner of the bedroom slide become soft in the corner near the front (kitchen end). It got softer through the summer. I finally pulled the carpet up to find rotten particle board, an area approx. four feet deep and five feet in length. Don't believe it is the water feed line as the water pump doesn't cycle during dry camping. The roof caulking looks tight. Slide seals appear to make good contact.
Figure it might be the slide seal not sweeping away the water while retracting.
Have always just retracted slides. Now if there has been rain I lower front to drain rain before retracting slides.
Going to replace flooring with plywood and hope that cures the problem.
Anyone else have such a problem?
Old 03-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #25

Hello any Georgie Boy owners still out there.
I just purchased a 1997 Georgie Boy Cruise Air. 49,000 miles young. I've spent the last couple of weeks upgrading with a new roof, TV's backup camera, and many other small things. I'm looking forward to heading out this summer.
If anyone is out there I'd like to hear from you. Tim
Old 03-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by timclavin View Post
Hello any Georgie Boy owners still out there.
I just purchased a 1997 Georgie Boy Cruise Air. 49,000 miles young. I've spent the last couple of weeks upgrading with a new roof, TV's backup camera, and many other small things. I'm looking forward to heading out this summer.
If anyone is out there I'd like to hear from you. Tim
Hey Tim I have a 2004 Georgie Boy Bellagio 38ft Model m3750 DS w 38000 miles
Sits on Freightliner Chassis w Cat 3126 and Allison 3000..Made for only 2 yrs. Love my Georgie Boy only issue for me is dash AC..And chipped radiator fan replaced this year. Going on 4th yr ownership, replaced all tires w Toyo.

I have real wood and ceramic tiles w 2 slides.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #27

I've got same thing bit 2001. Definitely underrated.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #28

I have a 2006 Georgie Boy Landau 2450DS. Only 25 feet, and apparently not many made, but it seems to be a quality rig. Only a small rattle in the dash, and I'll be checking on that soon. Otherwise, it seems quite tight and clearly well cared for.

Tags
georgie boy