Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Georgie Boy

Missed out on the 2002 RexHall. Wife not happy.
Going to look at a 1997 31' George Boy with a 454 vortex.36k
Anything I look for?
Thanks
41pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #2

I have a new to Georgie Boy cruise air xl... 2002 dp, on a freightliner xl, 38' Cat 330.. Needed a little love but I feel thats the fun part. Fit and finish is over the top. drives well. I feel NADA under rates this unit.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:27 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
I had a 1990 GeorgieBoy Cruisemaster with the Ford 460 for 10 years and my present Landau since new, Both have held up well.
The 99 is pretty close to the 97 in features, specs are here : George Boy Mfg., Inc.

For more info, Coachmen has the GeorgieBoy Owners Manuals for free download. Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

Enjoy....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I have a 1997 Georgie Boy Pursuit only has 42,000 miles on it. Ford 460 V-8 Still in great shape for being 17 years young. It has one slide and everything works. I just got it a couple of months ago
Mel
Old 01-10-2015, 07:29 AM   #5

Smile 2005 Georgie Boy

We have a 2005 Georgie Boy, Pursuit, Class A 35 ft, with a V10 we bought new. It currently has 68,000 miles on it. It was the 35th Anniversary edition so it came with several extras like larger bedroom slide, anti sway bars, covers over slides. We live in Florida (about 35 miles west of St Augustine) and have taken it out to the west coast on two occasions and will be doing it again this coming June. We are very happy with the rig. While it did not come with the extras like leather seats and corean tops the comfort and dependability has been very good.
bill carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Looked at the 1997 Georgie Boy Mod# M2995 stated in the add.found on the spec plate in the rear closet it's a M 3190.running the vin it comes up as a 1ton M/H chassis.seems a little light for a coach this big.
Is the workhorse chassis worth looking for or will the GM chassis work out?
Or look for a Ford F53 Chassis with. 305/310 HP V10.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:56 AM   #7

41PU Just now read your post. I wish I could give you a better answer but I don't know of anyone who had the GM chassis. My 2005 has the V10 with 69,000 miles on it and I will be taking it out to the West Coast (from Florida) this coming June. The only real issue I have had was a leaking steering pump when I first got it which was replaced under warranty by a local Ford dealer. About the only thing I wish was a little better is climbing very steep mountains (i.e. Black Mountain in No. Carolina - which we now avoid)

I will also mention that the Georgie Boy I purchased new was the 35th Anniversary Pursuit edition which came with several great pluses like a big slide in the bedroom, anti sway bars, and covers over the slides.

Sorry I couldn't give you more info on the GM edition but if I were you I would see if a clean V10 was available. Good Luck......bill
Old 01-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I looked at the 97 Georgie Boy over the weekend.
Very clear coach with 36 k on it.Powered by a 454 with the 4L80E transmission.
Any reason I should stay away from this combination?
I has 10 year old Michelins that look brand new,no weather cracks at all.
Owner has kept the tires covered as well as the the coach.
Side panels look awesome as does the inside.
Owner states it's never been cooked in and it looks like it.
Asking 21K. Nada shows 12k to 15.5 k.
I'm guessing tires to be 2000 to 3500 for tires.depending what I was to have installed.any ideas on what mpg I could expect?Owner say high 9's.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
It also has the fridge recall that has not been done.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #9

I have a 95 Rexhall with that same frame. One thing you need to look at is the front air bags. There should be air bags in the front springs that do go bad over time. The bags are not fun to replace but should not be a deal breaker. Book time to replace them is 1 hour but it took me most of one day. Parts cost a little over $100.
My coach is 35 foot long with a tag axle and drives very good and smooth.
Hope this helps.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #10

41pu.........Just this moment read your post regarding looking at the 97 Georgie Boy. From your description it sounds very clean. Based on your the mileage it has (36M) for approximately 17 yrs indicates some 2000 miles per year. Obviously that is very low mileage on the coach. If it is a clean as you describe that is all a good thing. As I indicated in a prior post I have the Ford V10 and I do not know anyone who has the 454 so I hesitate to comment. I was a little taken back by the MPG. I average around 7 MPG on routine monthly camping jaunts although when traveling across country I will be up there in the 9 MPG. (Again mountains have a real effect on any mileage ratings)
The refrig recall as I recall was a minor electrical change which was no big deal. Regarding the tires, I had Michelin's but chose Good Year over them. The fact that the seller is asking what he is it seems to me that he could be willing to work with you a little based on the NADA. I wish I knew more about the 454 to give you a better feeling but I don't know of anyone who actually has one that I could contact... On a side bar, the very low mileage and the fact that the unit has never been cooked in tells me the unit was more of a place for him to stay at times as opposed to traveling with the unit. Just one other thought on my Ford V10 the air filter system was designed to taken in a lot of water in a heavy rain. This was able to be taken care of with a Ford adapter addition for about $60 which totally took care of that. I do NOT know if the 454 had the same issue. I hope this has helped and I wish you and yours well... bill
Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Does any one know if there is a way to find out what was standard on a coach when manufactured so you can get a accurate NADA value?
Thanks for all the responses.
Tom
Old 01-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #12

I owned a 97 Pursuit on the Chevy Chassis with the 454. We bought it used in 2006 (or 2007) from a friend of ours. At the time it had 30k miles and we paid $17k for it. It was in excellent shape and had always been well cared for. We used it for about 3 years to pull our race car trailer and it did ok. My friend (who bought it new) used it for the same thing, and had the frame and hitch "beefed up" to carry the load.

Just before we decided to sell it, it developed a small leak at one of the seams just above the driver door. I sold it to another friend of mine for $10k and made him aware of the leak. He repaired the leak, but some de lamination had already started. He used it to haul his race car trailer for another 3 years and then sold it.

Overall it was a good entry level coach for us. It was tight when we had our first kid, as it didn't have any slides. From a mechanical standpoint it was very reliable. The only "issues" we had were the fact that it was hard in plug wires due to the heat in the doghouse and way the wires had to be routed near the exhaust manifold. If we would have kept it, we would have put headers on it.

We replaced all 6 tires the year before we sold it for a total cost of $1200 (Kumo).

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions you may have.
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41pu View Post
Does any one know if there is a way to find out what was standard on a coach when manufactured so you can get a accurate NADA value?
Thanks for all the responses.
Tom
This should give a basic idea of standard and optional equipment. Again, this is for a 99 but not a lot of change in the models during that period.. (96-2000)
Cruise Master - Specifications
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
41pu

I need help. 1997 GEORGIE BOY MODEL M2995"
I'm looking for some one with the Maroni sticker from a 1997 Georgie Boy Model
M2995 cruise master that would show the standard equipment that came on the coach when manufactured.
Maybe it could be text or faxed to me.
Any help would be GREAT.

Tags
georgie boy