Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
Georgie Boy Class A

All, does anyone have any first hand experience/knowledge with a 2003 Georgie Boy Cruise Air XL 3840DS? I have my eye on one at a local dealer and it looks pretty clean with 48K miles. I'm looking to upgrade from my current gaser, but as one would imagine, I have lots of questions and concerns.
1) The dealer says it has a CAT 350HP engine, however manufacturing brochures I see on line, say 330HP, was standard that year. Would this be a noticeable difference? Torque differences?
2) Does is have springs or airbags?
3) Exhaust Brake?
4) Any other short comings or strong points?
5) Freightliner Chasis. Any issues there?

Not to hurt anyones feeling that currently owns one, but I've always heard that most Georgie Boy Class A motorhomes are sort of at the bottom of the food chain, with regards to quality. Thanks. All comments appreciated.

BBJdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
I am to old to get hurt feelings.

We have a GB but not a diesel. I dug and scratched about different manufacturers but any people that had been in the mix a long time said forget the manufacturer and look for a floor plan that works for you at the price you want. The bottom line was any used RV would likely have all the manufacturer's bugs worked out. I got our GB at a price I couldn't pass up and haven't had a single issue that was from GB's placement on the RV food chain. For the most part all the appliances are the same ones any other manufacturer uses, same blinds, same carpet, same toilet, same shower, et al. They are the same only different. Fit and finish hasn't been an issue at all with ours.

If it works for you (if you are married remember "happy wife, happy life"), everything checks out and you get it for the right price get it and enjoy. You'll have to wait for someone with a similar chassis to weigh in on that aspect.

born2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
Tiffin Owners Club
We also have a 2001 Georgie Boy class A. It is a Landau 35ft on a gas chassis. We have had no issues with anything inside the motorhome. All of the appliances work great. A/C and heat also work great. The only issue we did have was the Onan generator and that was from poor maintenance and lack of use. We got it a great price and took it knowing we would probably upgrade in a couple of years. We just took it from DC to Flordia and back with no issues.
Sorry I can't help with the chassis part of your question.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm on my second Georgie Boy, had a 1990 gas Cruise Master for 10 years, traded on my 2000 Landau Diesel. Both units have served us well, and overall were better than average quality. My Landau is on the XCS chassis. The Cruise-Air is probably on the XC chassis which was Freightliner main RV chassis. Probably closest to the XC-R in the current models.
Air suspension and exhaust brakes are normal. I believe Cat engines are no longer an option.
Motorhomes consist of an assembly of various components, and heat, Air conditioner, fridge, furniture, awnings, holding tanks, even slide outs -have basically the same few manufacturers in all RV's. Newer heated tile floors, aqua hot and self storing awnings seem neat but also have their share of problems.
Overall layout, good maintenance records, and upkeep are important in a used RV. As born2travel stated- most of the bugs are taken care of early on..
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote