Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2015, 06:55 AM   #1

Georgie Boy Slide Outs

HELLP HELP HELP ... I have an 01 GeorgieBoy Cruise Master on the Ford Chassis, V10. My slide outs are beginning to show signs of needing maintenance however I have not the first book covering ANYTHING on this unit. The original owner LOST em?! Anyway, I can't even see the motors so I'm hoping a Georgie Boy expert sees this and can tell me where to look, what panel to remove and then I should be able to figure everything out from there like unlocking the motor brake, learning to manually crank the slide IN should it become necessary. Almost any suggestions appreciated since I'm in no mans land on this one having never owned a MH with slide outs before. The main area slide was a bit stubborn and protesting last time I put it out and this tells me it's waiting for me to be in the boonies somewhere before it fails... would like to get a look at the roller system before this occurs as I've cleaned up quite a few orange plastic roller pieces over the past year. THANKS gang, you're the BEST!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2015, 09:53 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here are a couple go to RBW site or AL-KO site
for parts and info if your are electric and motor driven.
Don
ps do search re slides

Old 05-31-2015, 09:29 PM   #3

Georgie Boy Slide Outs

Living room slide motor is above the first compartment on the drivers side if your 2001 is like my 03. You have to remove the top(ceiling?) of the compartment to get the best access to the motor and manual drive. The bedroom slide motor is under the bed on the side closest to the front of the rig. You need to remove the wood trim under the bed on that side to access the manual drive. Make sure you either remove the brake from the motor or have someone hold the brake release button before manually operating the slide. You need a 5/8?" socket and ratchet to manually crank the slide in.

2003 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster-F53 Chassis towing 1998 Tracker
Old 06-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #4

Can't wait to get out there and look for the motors... pretty sure there's nothing under the bed as I use that for storage and see no compartments or hidden motors but I have an idea about taking out some trim on the fwd edge of the bed frame, against the port side...bet its hiding under there somewhere. THANKS guys, Den
Old 10-21-2015, 04:54 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgia boy motor

My large slide motor went out and I was wondering what you found?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Den,
I am not sure if your bed slide is exactly like mine, but my powergear motor is located on the forward side,at the foot of the bed.On mine,fleetwood made no access to anything,so I did.Now I can,within 5 minutes,pull plug to motor,flip lever on motor to disconnect,and use ratchet and socket to manually put slide in or out with ease.Relieves the stress of a possible motor failure while at a campground .I made matching panels, to cover access areas around base of bed.Utmost caution must be taken before cutting anything. Use a mirror to locate ALL wires and components first,make access areas no larger than they have to be,but remember to make access with bed in or out,same goes for area that ratchet goes. Mine requires a 24 inch extension on ratchet to operate comfortably.I am set up with a wrench to operate my big slide thru the existing access hole fleetwood supplied just in case.Check all grounds first,starting at batterys,cleaning battery terminals,can sometime make a big difference,then try cleaning as much of the tracks as you can reach.I Hope any of this might help.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #7

Myssdragn's post is similar to our '05 Georgie Boy, with the exception that the bedroom slide motor is under the foot of the bed on the side toward to the back of the motorhome.

If your batteries are running low, that will cause the main slide to struggle. If you start the engine, that should help. That's actually how I know it's time for new batteries.

You should have a slide controller somewhere. On my rig it's behind the main breaker panel. The controller houses the relays and control logic so that the slides operate when they should.

Assuming your slide motors have electric brakes on them, the "Manual" button next to the Slide In/Out switch needs to be pressed IF you try to crank them in manually. This button releases the brake on the slide.

I had an issue on our slide in which it appeared that the brake wasn't being released by the control module when the slide was going in and out, so the slide was really struggling. I did a bit of rewiring (Wired the brake to the motor power so the brake would release anytime when the motor was on (like it's supposed to)) and that fixed the problem.

Lastly, make sure all of the power and ground wires on the motors and the controller are clean and tight. I noticed one of the ground wires on the controller module was loose and the insulation was burnt about 6" up from the chassis ground connection. When I fixed that, the slides started working much better.

Yes, I have had a couple of issues with the slides on our GBM. Most were due to poor installation practices.

Good Luck,

~Rick
Old 10-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Hopefully this will help. http://www.myrvpartsplacestore.com/a...O-12024ins.pdf

My motor and drive mechanism was visible from under the floor, below the slideout, above the storage compartment. Access there to lube the slide gears and disconnect the brake. (Single long slide)

Previous MH was 2000 GB 36'Dp. Have a GeorgieBoy file on Slide outs, will try to attach:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SlideOutRooms.pdf (35.6 KB, 55 views)
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flangley View Post
My large slide motor went out and I was wondering what you found?
Parts listed here, not sure if they are still in business.. Georgie Boy

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgie boy, slide, slide out