Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Thanks guys.....I ordered the TST non flow through and will remove the locks on the front two. I found them at RVUgrades for $385.00 for (8) sensors.
I am on my 2nd TST had an old 510 non replaceable batteries upgraded 507 last year I have nothing but praise for them and equipment I want a unit that reads out before I go down the road

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2016, 09:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Current version of EEztire has serious mounting bracket problem - otherwise it is OK. Would not buy until you can confirm mounting problem is resolved. They acknowledge the problem and claim to be working on a fix but offer no est. on when new mount will be available.

Ditto on this. I like everything else about the system. I removed the anti-theft caps as I felt they were useless and I didn't like the added weight. I have the non-flow through. They come off easily, and go on without a lot of air loss. I have them on the coach and toad for a total of 10 tires. 38' coach and toad, no repeater needed. The toad will register when it comes within about 300 feet of the coach! Nice warning that the wife will need groceries unloaded!

Tom at EEZ RV Products was great to work with when I had a small issue with the receiver unit. Replaced receiver, return shipping pre-paid by EEZ, Fixed problem.

Batteries easy to replace, and not too expensive, although I have yet to replace them after 10 months of continuous use and 8k miles.

I agree on the mounting bracket. I wanted to mount the TPMS receiver over the dash, but no real way to attach it without making a mount, which I haven't gotten around to doing yet. It's on the list . . . How I HATE the list!

Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Thanks guys.....I ordered the TST non flow through and will remove the locks on the front two. I found them at RVUgrades for $385.00 for (8) sensors.
You may have heard this before but...get them for the toad too!

Most DPs will not even feel a toad tire go flat. A friend of mine left the RGV last year without installing a new TPMS he had just bought. 1/2 hour after being on the road after heading north after the winter someone frantically waived him down. The front, left wheel of his new Jeep Cherokee was shredded, rubber smoking, rim destroyed and fender in need of repair.

This sounds melodramatic but is not an unusual story we have seen repeated here.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:20 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwwicks View Post
I am following this thread also. I sent TST an email asking about the rumored newer larger monitor this weekend. If I hear back I'll reply here again with what they say. I will get a system before the trip this spring. Reading the TST FAQ I guess I'll also need to replace the toad valve stems with metal ones.
Interestingly enough I never got a response from TST about the questions I had. I would hope that customer service after a sale is better. Since no response from them, I'll ask this forum and users what they know. The 1st question I had was about the newer monitor, when would it be available and how much? Probably no one here knows. Another question is about the "button". Is this in reference to the non-flow through sensors, or something else.

I didn't ask this but maybe others will weigh in on the systems. TST has a repeater and seems to acknowledge that the system can't pick up the rears beyond 38' or the toad without one. Some comments by posters have said that other brands, EEZ and another, could detect the toad well away from the coach. Is the TST that weak or are other factors involved. Personally I'm not interested in purchasing a product that can't work correctly without boosters.

What is the mounting problem with the EEZrv model?

But I'm not going to buy a system quite yet but will within the next month and want the best one for my application.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:02 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
TST customer service has been great. Give Mike Benson a call. His direct number is 407-443-0899.

When I use the term "button" it is the NON-flow through sensor without the anti-theft cover. Some might use that term with the cover one.

The anti-theft cover can be removed by removing 3 screws that hold both sides of the cover together over the "button". With the anti-theft cover on, you need to use a dedicated tool to remove the sensor from the stem. Without the cover you (and of course a thief) can simply remove the button. I've never had one stolen but, of course, that is always a possibility. IMHO, even with the cover they are not theft or vandalism proof. I would rather they be cleanly stolen than have some one damage my stems trying to steal them.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #34

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
drwwicks-

The answer "it depends" isn't very satisfying, is it? But that is the answer. Wireless system performance depends on frequency, transmitter power, receiver sensitivity, orientation of both transmitter and receiver, intervening materials (both what they are and how they are arranged), software design and other factors I've probably forgotten about since I dealt with this at work.

Our 27 foot Class C w/ toad did fine with the Tire-SafeGuard system, without a booster. Here's a link to a Web page discussing the system and need (or not) for a booster. "Your mileage may vary."

You may want to look at the return policies and see if you can return the product if it proves it cannot run without a booster.

By the way, you and "FIRE UP" (Scott) have similar coaches (his coach is slightly shorter, I believe), Jeeps and both haul a motorcycle. You may want to ask him by private message if he has a TPMS.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #35
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
[...]

I agree on the mounting bracket. I wanted to mount the TPMS receiver over the dash, but no real way to attach it without making a mount, which I haven't gotten around to doing yet. It's on the list . . . How I HATE the list!
Mounting was no problem for me with the TST system. There is a Velcro out there that is grey and instead of felt has little plastic type tips. One has to press the pieces together. They have the sticky-back side. I placed one side of that Velcro on the monitor holder and the other on the dash just left of the steering wheel. It holds very well. I can reach and pull the monitor off the mount without disturbing the Velcro, look at the pressure numbers and have peace of mind. I don't worry about temperature because they system is set to my desired temperature and if it exceeds or is below setting the alarm sounds.

I believe the Velcro is Industrial Strength Velcro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwwicks View Post
[...]
I didn't ask this but maybe others will weigh in on the systems. TST has a repeater and seems to acknowledge that the system can't pick up the rears beyond 38' or the toad without one. Some comments by posters have said that other brands, EEZ and another, could detect the toad well away from the coach. Is the TST that weak or are other factors involved. Personally I'm not interested in purchasing a product that can't work correctly without boosters.
[...]
My MH is 39' 3" and the TST monitor picks up the TOAD without a repeater. As a fact, DW was following me one day and was 3 car lengths or more back and the monitor was picking up the TOAD readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
TST [...]

The anti-theft cover can be removed by removing 3 screws that hold both sides of the cover together over the "button". With the anti-theft cover on, you need to use a dedicated tool to remove the sensor from the stem. Without the cover you (and of course a thief) can simply remove the button. I've never had one stolen but, of course, that is always a possibility. IMHO, even with the cover they are not theft or vandalism proof. I would rather they be cleanly stolen than have some one damage my stems trying to steal them.
Even with the anti-theft on anyone can remove the sensors. The part that swivels butts up against the part that doesn't. I firm outward pressure on the valve side of the sensor will force the sensor to spin. The Anti-Theft Tool is used by those who are not thieves. Hee hee.

As stated previously, remove the sensor prior to going into a car wash that pulls the car through by rollers on the wheels. Ask me how I know.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #36
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I called TST the other day, before I purchased mine, and asked about the new monitor. They said it will probably be out in the next month. I guess it will be in color.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote