Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Go to RV.org pay what they ask read their book and use their search engine and rating guide. Then go to oodle.com to search for what you want they will keep searching and email you results when ever they show up anywhere except craigslist.
I was all set to go with a C+ Dyanamax or Bigfoot in the 34-36' range but the prices were higher than I wanted to go. We got a 2002 36' Country Coach for a reasonable price and are very happy with that. But I'm still keeping my eye open for a Dyanamax on oodle.com
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #16

Class A's, though larger are ,as pointed out in earlier replies, are easier to handle(especially in high winds). May be more expensive, but unless you put on more than 20,000 miles per year, change your oil once a year. Tires typically last a lot longer. If you've read any of hte other threads on tires. Most still have original tires after 10 years. Replacing those tire isn't cheap, but for the longevity of the tires it seems worth it. With the aftermarket warrenties, it's possible to own an older coach with not a lot of worry of breakdown. Once you've ridden or driven both, you'll see that an A DP is a nicer ride to have.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #17
rek

Just my 2cents but the only reason I would buy a Class "C" instead of a Class "A" is because of $$$$. Most people buy what they can afford at the time and Class "C" cost less. If they would cost the same most would buy a Class "A" because they are bigger and better.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Class A DP
Better ride
More stable
Quieter cabin
Better views
Less maintenance (15K)
More power and torque
Better fuel economy

Before you write of C's take a look at the "super C's"
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have 450 hp / 1250 lbs. torque to push me around with no problems ... push, get it? All that noise and vibration is about 43' behind us, not right between us or just in front of us and, when that engine is working, going up hills and such, there is noise.
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You also loose "living" space; the engine area is counted as overall length on Class C's. That can be a lot of area, especially in the super C's. In the end, though, it is what you perceive to best fit your needs and taste in motor home design. With that in mind, no one configuration is better than another!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote