Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Getting ready

DW & I have known since last Dec. that we would head for Yellowstone in June.

Took a couple 6 - 800 mile round trips thru the winter and everything worked great. I might have even bragged a bit.

In April I put on a new set of tires. Hancooks.

Did a 200 mile R/T at Mother's day on the tires. They seem to ride a little softer than my old tires but still good. Parked in a COE park with 30 amp. Had a nice weekend with no problems.

About the 1st of June it was time to start the fridge. It's a Dometic but I put the Amish Cooling coils in in August 2012. Really worked great. 2nd of June it was time to start loading the reefer. 10 degrees in the freezer but getting the dreaded "no co" code on the door. No cooling at all below the freezer. Not sure how that is possible but it obviously is. Reset the board and played with it. No go. Finally put two more muffin fans inside the outside access door. Works like new now. Next I'm pulling the unit out and try to improve the airflow. When we get home.

Well all was good and ready for Yellowstone. Just to be sure I started the genny which ran well, ran both A/C's and HW. Everything was fine. Fired up the TPMS to check on the tires. One with a slow leak. Trip to the tire dealer tomorrow.

The next morning before leaving, I turned on the electric WH again. Nothing happened. Oh Crap. Checked the terminals on the HW heater but no voltage. Went to the 50 A house outlet, trusty meter in hand. Everything was fine at the outlet. Opened the transfer switch. All was well. Voltage also OK at the breaker panel. EMS was acting up. Now it is the 6th of June.

Rewired the breaker panel bypassing all the "electronic EMS crap". Everything is now working again. Of course I am now responsible for controlling what appliances get turned on. I can handle it. Now it's late Friday evening and the tire dealer is closed.

Tire is still leaking 4 - 5 PSI per day. Tire Guy opens Sat. morning so we stopped on way out of town heading for Yellowstone. He said he saw bubbles on the valve stem extension. I happened to have a new spare extension that he put on and said that was fixed.

Sitting now in Wichita KS. Nice park. Guess I will find a tire shop.

Nice trip so far. We thought we would stop at Ponca City, OK at Kaw Lake COE facility. No answer when we called ahead but no worry. Saw the brown COE sign and turned in. Shouldn't have. Steep 0ne lane gravel down grade freshly rutted from heavy rains yesterday. Did I mention lots of trees? Got to the bottom of the hill (the easy part) and saw the sign that read "day use only". Tougher getting out. Nothing hurt but my patience.

Well; tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully a few days without new adventures. I know some will say that RVing is about adventures but I'm tired tonight.

2002 38' Diplomat
Keith & Shirley
Durant, OK
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Hope all turns out better!

Rcandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #3
Have a good trip Keith. What is COE? . . . Corp of Engineers?
Jeff, Catherine and Turner|2008 Damon Outlaw 3611|W24 w/ 8.1L Chevy hauling in the garage 3 quads,2 dirtbikes,1 Rzr900xp & 1 sewing machine based in central AZ
JeffAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe all the trials are over and your trip is wonderful!
Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kid Carl
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote