Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #15

short queen bed

I have read posts about short queen beds and some solutions such as using a body pillow at top to slide mattress down or creating a narrower pillow to access more mattress. Are all queen beds short? I saw a listing with a custom queen but not sure what that meant. Any tips for spotting a longer one or is there such animal??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroadmum View Post
I have read posts about short queen beds and some solutions such as using a body pillow at top to slide mattress down or creating a narrower pillow to access more mattress. Are all queen beds short? I saw a listing with a custom queen but not sure what that meant. Any tips for spotting a longer one or is there such animal??
No, they are not all short. I just know that Winnebago had these in some of the gasser models. I've seen them in a few other floor plans but I don't think that the majority of queens are short. Most RV queens are 60X80 but the short queen is 60X75...my toes felt it. LOL

Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #17

This is what we did. I was in the same position you are in two years ago except we were not going to sell the house. I found a man in Pa. who had a MH and wanted a streetrod and I just happened to have an extra. The MH was a 2000 Seabreeze and the car was a 1929 model A that I built, this was a very nice car. Any way we made a even trade and both sides were happy. We took the two years to make the MH our own. I retired in Jan. of this year and my wife and I had planed to start our cross country trip on April 4th. As our luck would have it, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer the week after I retired, so the trip has been postponed for awhile. I guess the moral of the story is to do it soon as you can, we never know what life will bring us. Hope your search for a MH turns out well and pray for my sweetie. Oh by the way I was also a carpenter for 40 years. Good luck on search and your travels.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
BoPeg, you are so right! Do it while you can. Prayers for your DW.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoPeg View Post
This is what we did. I was in the same position you are in two years ago except we were not going to sell the house. I found a man in Pa. who had a MH and wanted a streetrod and I just happened to have an extra. The MH was a 2000 Seabreeze and the car was a 1929 model A that I built, this was a very nice car. Any way we made a even trade and both sides were happy. We took the two years to make the MH our own. I retired in Jan. of this year and my wife and I had planed to start our cross country trip on April 4th. As our luck would have it, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer the week after I retired, so the trip has been postponed for awhile. I guess the moral of the story is to do it soon as you can, we never know what life will bring us. Hope your search for a MH turns out well and pray for my sweetie. Oh by the way I was also a carpenter for 40 years. Good luck on search and your travels.
Oh, I am so sorry for you both. What a kicker! Hope DW is coming along, be it with chemo, radiation or whatever. Sounds like Life dealt you an unexpected challenge but perhaps daydreaming about road trips is something else to fill your days. Hope you both can make that happen. God bless!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #20

Didn't mean to hijack this thread but thanks guys for your prayers. She will come through this like everything else in life. We will just postpone trip for a year.