Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by glemo81540 View Post
Curious why some feel its important to pull in door step when placing in storage. I disconnect negatives and therefore power drain shouldn't be an issue. Any other reason for pulling in door step? Thanks!
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I make sure mine are in so someone parking next to me doesn't clip them, and also to tuck the mechanism under the coach to give some protection from the weather.
What BFlinn181 said, plus...it might make it a little harder for some loser to break in.

Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Originally Posted by donnariley53 View Post
So we have our new coach, 2014 Winnebago Journey 36M, and we will post some photos soon, but now I need to know what I should do to get the coach ready to go to the RV storage lot which is a covered lot in North Florida. I have removed all the food (except the cans) and the fridge is empty with the doors being held open. We have the option of 15 amp power, but not sure if we need or want it. Jacks up or down? Some windows cracked open? Vent open? And anything else you think it is important to do or know....

Thanks for helping me figure this out!
FL is humid. I would take the 15 amp and plug in a dehumidifier and let it drain into the sink. I bought a small one at Lowe's that sits on the counter. Close all windows and vents, it rain a lot here. I store with the jacks down to take the weight off of the suspension and tires as recommended by my last coach manufacture.

Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #17

As someone else mentioned, it's an added bit of security. My door sits high off the ground, so the step just makes it easier to see in. It probably doesn't help a bit, but it makes me feel better

Originally Posted by glemo81540 View Post
Curious why some feel its important to pull in door step when placing in storage. I disconnect negatives and therefore power drain shouldn't be an issue. Any other reason for pulling in door step? Thanks!
Mark Anderson - FMCA 351514 - Louisville, KY
2007 Sportscoach Pathfinder 377DS - Freightliner XC
2006 Jeep Commander
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
What an interesting day today was. Yesterday, we called around and found an indoor storage place for only slightly more than the outdoor covered storage we had looked at. We paid for 6 months ( about $1200), but asked if we could get a refund if our RV didn't fit. We arrived today and as DH was pulling in I noticed the satellite system was NOT going to clear the door. We stopped and DH went on the roof and confirmed nothing on the roof was going to fit under the door. Fortunately, we had not cancelled our spot at the covered storage so we shifted gears and we are safely stored
donnariley53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
For a variety of reasons, I hadn't been able to visit my RV in storage since Dec. 4. Today I went over to see how it had faired. Opened door, turned on battery switches, reconnected knife switch on house batteries, crossed my fingers and turned the key. The ole' Cummins 5.9 didn't crank 2 full times and it fired right off. Likewise, the generator started and settled down into perfect 120v 60 cycle power! I hooked up a heater and turned on roof air and let it run for about an hour. Soon I'll bring it to my backyard and flush and fill the water system. Proper storage works, even over a longer time than I would have wished, but we had places to go! (Australia, New Zealand, Colorado, etc.)

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote