Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by austx View Post
My brother is 6'7" and his first and only criteria was "is there head room where I can stand up straight". If not, NEXT!
Yep, you have to set your priorities and make sure the important stuff is covered before you fall in love with less important details.

Although in my case, I was more worried about width than height...

Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #30

Our 2015 jayco precept 35un is fully usable with slides in.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
We can get to the kitchen, fridge and 1/2 bath easily with the slides closed. With the bedroom slide out getting to the main bath is doable. Better when the full slide is out.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Yep, you have to set your priorities and make sure the important stuff is covered before you fall in love with less important details.

Although in my case, I was more worried about width than height...

But your user name implies you can fit anywhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
But your user name implies you can fit anywhere.
LOL!
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #34

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rose View Post
We currently have a fifth wheel with 2 curbside doors. Those doors allow us to pull over and get to the kitchen through one and the the bedroom/bath through the other. We are ready for a change and I have been researching motorhomes for months. Just today I got a big surprise. When we get our motorhome I had visions of pulling off to get a cold drink from the fridge or using the bathroom. I just discovered that we can do neither with the floorplan I fell in love with. Now as I look further I find this is frequently the case. Before I start my search all over again, has anyone researched floorplans with this in mind or is it common to put out a slide when you stop?
With ours we can et to the dinette, fridg, washer & dryer, and half bath while the slides are in. The king bed blocks the full bath and bedroom draws.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2337s.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	96128  
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
X2 - WBG Journey 36M...access easily all but Bdr dresser dwrs. (*We keep extra chg clothes items for 1 day in upper cabinet Bdr above dresser Dwr in case we need an item w/o putting out FWSlide, e.g, socks, pjs, etc).

One thing we did when we settled on WBG Journey "wish" list was photocopy available floorplans from brochure. Based assumption that mfr brochure was "to scale.". Then, cut off slide in xc of floorplans flush to outer wall of plan, and "re-attached each slide to photocopy as it "might" be when retracted on floorplan xc. While not exact, it did give us a pretty clear vision that among 3 Journey floorplans, the 36M "appeared on xc paper mock-up w slides retracted" to have a better aisle space. Then, we located a 36M w colors etc we would find acceptable on a dealer lot. Drove to see and drive in person. First question to salesman, " please bring in all the slides.". He did, and we were amazed at how wide the aisle is in-person...was and is even more comfortable w slides retracted than we envisioned with our "xc mock up."

Agree also w suggestion to check any other features..for us, we wanted comfortable dinette seating (we chose Extenda-dinette And love that!). DH needs a sofa back that is higher, some sofa back heights were too short for his comfort (fyi - 36M has two opposing sofas, not same back heights, but driver side sofa back is taller and perfect height for DH comfort.)

Whatever works best will be what is individual 'best for you!'. Best wishes and enjoy your search .

Safe travels to all
Old 06-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #36

BeHappy had a great idea. I did cut out the floorplan, cut off the sides (I had just been measuring) and place them where they would be with the slides in. It doesn't look like there is room to get through unless there is some way to make room by moving the table, at this point I don't know if there is a down position on it. I await a photo and/or solution from the seller. Thanks again to everyone, you are all so willing to share and I do appreciate that. Rosie
Old 06-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rose View Post
...The owner/seller has seemed irritated by my many newbie questions and yes I know that is no excuse for not asking, I'm the one with the money and yes I now see that most plans do allow access.

Rosie
When we sold our WGO View, the first e-mail from the buyer had 27 questions. I almost blew him off as a "tire kicker." I replied with very short answers and expected to never hear from him again. He came back with another boatload of questions but seemed sincere so I sent photos of every single ding, dent, smudge and scratch. He immediately sent a non-refundable deposit and, two weeks later, flew in and paid the balance in cash.

Our new-to-us 2010 WGO Vista is fully functional with both slides in except 1 cabinet door that only opens halfway. I wouldn't buy a rig where the PO won't fully disclose everything I ask for.

LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, slide