Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #29

Rexhall Owners Group
Being cheap by nature, I use windshield washer fluid. At a buck or two for a gallon it meets the cheap test. Don't know if its the methanol in the fluid, but I've found it to work great with either newspaper (when we have it around) or a micro fiber towel. Think about it, does it streak when you spray it on the windshield?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rain-x is WAX..

Stoner Invisa-glass.

I was once having window tint put on my ride (all windows behind B Pillar) and ask about pre-cleaning, He said he had htis Kick A** window cleaner and pulled out a can of Invisi-Glass.. I opened the hatch on the Lumina APV and pulled out two more.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
I will also vouch for Sprayway Glass Cleaner. I use it to clean the whole front of the coach every evening when traveling as it works well for removing bugs. I use paper towels to clean along with the Sprayway.

I know there are a lot of remedies that work but once you find one, you stop looking. Mine was Sprayway.

I've never had good luck with Windex (all formula's). Always strea

I use Dawn dishwashing liquid when washing the coach; I use microfiber towels for washing and drying.

What I do need, is a product that gets the tar specks off of the back bumper. Simple Green does work but I would like to find something (if it's out there) that wouldn't require so much elbo grease. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark
wd-40 works well on the tar
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:05 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So does Diesel Fuel!

I once had a friend who worked for Pre Mix. All of there trucks were wiped down every day with diesel. They always looked shiney.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
I have struggled for sometime now to find a product that will clean windshields without streaking. I use Rainex most of the time on the RV, but even with the micro towel still get some streaking. I've finally found a product that works. Betaclean GC-800. Available from Amazon. I think you will like it.
Tried this after reading this post. I wont use anything else now
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverfever View Post
wd-40 works well on the tar

I forgot to come back with my results from using WD-40 on tar spots.

You are 100% right, it worked like a charm! Thank you so much for the recommendation.

I have a '95 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet that we bought new (only 43,000 miles now) and it's white with a black convertible top, grey leather.

It had a few tar spots and a tar streak, I must have run through a fresh batch of wet tar somewhere. Anyway, I tried the WD-40 on this car and was shocked at how easy it was to get the tar off.

Then, I finally tried it on the motorhome and it also removed the tar spots that we get on the rear of the coach.

Again, thank you!
Safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56safari View Post
Being cheap by nature, I use windshield washer fluid. At a buck or two for a gallon it meets the cheap test. Don't know if its the methanol in the fluid, but I've found it to work great with either newspaper (when we have it around) or a micro fiber towel. Think about it, does it streak when you spray it on the windshield?
Great point, almost all good glass cleaners have alcohol in the formulation
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:24 AM   #36

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sponge on, squeegee off. That squeegee is the important thing. And wipe it clean with each pass. I spray on windex, use the sponge side of my squeegee to scrub the windshield down, then remove everything with the squeegee.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
I have struggled for sometime now to find a product that will clean windshields without streaking. I use Rainex most of the time on the RV, but even with the micro towel still get some streaking. I've finally found a product that works. Betaclean GC-800. Available from Amazon. I think you will like it.
This does have Ammonium Hydroxide and of course glycol, similar to Napa and JD if not the same

It cleans well but I would be aware of the Ammonia
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:02 AM   #38

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
I really like Hope's Perfect Glass. I have also used invisible glass and Zep ammonia free glass cleaner and they do a great job also.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hope-s-3...AU12/204981625
GMA385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:02 AM   #39

We had all the windows in our "sticks and bricks" home replaced by Pella a few years ago, and the installers used Sprayway to clean them. They said they had tried many others but were most satisfied with Sprayway. We have been using it ever since. No more Windex.
EdBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:14 AM   #40

Purple glass cleaner is a good product that is fairly cheap
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #41

Dollar General used to sell can spray. Can stated originally for airplane Windows anti fog and streak blah blah....Was like 2 bucks. Last time. I bought it there was invisible glass and now list spray way. Tried those and 3M pro.
If anyone knows the name of old stuff .Please ! let me know it was best I have tried . You could half ass it .On front windshield in smoker car and it was great.
I searched phrase in start of post came up H8erade for airplanes but was pump I would of remembered H8ERADE
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #42

Really any quality auto glass cleaner should work better than winder etc. I use baby shampoo, water and a squeegee.