Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
GMAC Insurance?

I need to change my RV insurance to another carrier....does anyone have any expeirence or knowledge or comments about using GMAC for my class A gasser?
Thanks in advance.

emeryts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
A forum search on GMAC RV insurance yielded 58 threads. The results may be found HERE.

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have had GMAC for 9 years.
Only claim I have had was a couple years ago for a front passenger side windshield replacement.
No problem with the 100% coverage no deductible required in FL. for all Insurance Co.
After replacement the renewal prices didn't go up.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had GMAC for 5 years. Had a claim where a semi sideswiped me and they had to replace the entire sidewall...about $10k. No problems and my rates did not increase. I've had good service.
Mr_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just changed to GMAC from National Interstate. Gmac gave me a better rate by 600 per year.

Richard
Old 08-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
i have had gmac insurance thru good sam club since oct 06. no claims so far. i like the no depreciation aspect. the premium has not gone up. i also have good sam road service with no claims so far.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
We too have GMAC through Good Sams and have not had to file a claim but found them to be less expensive than the compitition.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
GMAC Insurance?

Had GMAC for awhile but I try to compare every couple of years. Found that GMAC was not competitive. Iíve been with Indiana Farmers for about 6 years NEVER NEVER have they approached me to change companies. I have taken my coverage and cost form covered the cost and sent it to several insurers. Like State Farm, All State, Shelter, Geico, Progressive. But know one could compete price wise for the same coverage. I have had GMAC quote again recently and they could not match. I insure 5 vehicles and the Motor Home. I cover the 09 Jeep Liberty and 96 Motor Home with full coverage and the others with the Basics at $300,000 coverage. The 09 Jeep is the killer it amounts for about 1/3 of the cost that I pay. The Premiums have gone down each year due to not having claims Knock on Wood!!!

John

Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
We had GMAC insurance through Good Sam for a number of years. They covered our RV, truck, SUV and car. They would not cover my motorcycle nor our sticks-and-bricks home.

We originally went with GMAC because of the 5 year full-replacement coverage on the RV and their rates were lower than we were paying State Farm with less coverage. Unfortunately, after a few years (and with no claims, traffic tickets, etc. - a spotless record) GMAC jacked our premium substantially. We swallowed hard and paid it only to have them do it again the next year.

At that point, we changed insurers.

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote