Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofans View Post
Heres what I do at home when we get an influx of the little buggers...You stated they love your Merlot...I will finish off a bottle and leave approx 1/4 cup (even less) in the bottle. Leave bottle out overnight with top open. In the morning when you get up, put your thumb over the top of the bottle and shake vigorously a couple of times. Wash hands and leave bottle on the table. Throughout the day, repeat this process for a day or two or three. Eventually all of the stray gnats should be drowned in the bottle . I did this once and counted over 35 gnats that had drowned in just two days. It gets rid of the 'loose' gnats hiding in your living space.
Of course this wont solve the problem if you have a source where they can multiply like a houseplant or piece of fruit left out in the open.
This way you loose a minimum of the precious wine we all enjoy so much.
Makes sense. I will try this.
John
AquaBlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #16

Smile

I never have a problem with them going after my martinis.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #17

Gnatdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
I never have a problem with them going after my martinis.
That's it. I love Martini and need to switch.

My wife uses those clorox sheets on everything. I will now use them on the sink and every where else.
AquaBlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcontender View Post
DON'T MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA TOGETHER!!! You will have more problems than gnats in your wine. If you have residual ammonia in your tanks adding bleach will create hydrochloric acid which will further break down into chloramine gas. These can be deadly combinations and at the very least it will be intolerable in the coach if any gas escapes the toilet or traps.

AKcontender cannot be more right. I was going to recommend pouring bleach in to your grey tank not thinking about the ammonia. Basically if you mix bleach and ammonia it has the potential to be fatal. IF not that will make you very sick. When I was in high school I worked as a dishwasher at a truck stop. We soaked the coffee cups in bleach to get rid of the stain then rinsed them and scrubbed them with comet. I got the bright idea to mix the two together and scrub them with comet and bleach. ( I was young and stupid what can I say) The other dishwasher had to go home and it was touch and go whether that was home via the emergency room. WE had to put fans in the dishwashing area for a half hour. Luckily the dishwasher was isolated from everything else. I got lucky and by the time the air had cleared out I had quit coughing. Boss was not too happy but she did not fire me. She did mention something about next time I wanted to experiment ask her first.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote