Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
Golf cars

Want to buy a golf car. Any suggestions on brands, models, new, used, gas, electric . New ones are expensive. If we decide to go used is there a model or a year we should stay away from? Some f the new at fuel injected, good, bad.?b

rubberduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
My Dad had a electric golf cart. I drove it often and my kids grew up driving it around his Chesapeake Bay development. I got to use a gas model of the same cart at Ohio University and was surprised at the noise and vibration. Electric is the way to go, much less disruption or objections in campgrounds. Also an electric cart requires a charger, no need to carry gas, oil, tune ups, etc. The batteries lasted for many years.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
My preference is a Club Car and I like a 2007 or newer. I have a 2007 and a 2012. Both are great and I have had no issues with either one. I like the aluminum frame and I think the electric is the best.
Also make sure you get a 48 volt system if getting an electric cart. The best is a 6 8 volt system.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 36V Ezgo and a 48V Yamaha. Both are great carts, the Yamaha is a little faster and climbs better. I have had 2 gas carts and much prefer the electrics. the batteries in the Ezgo will be replaced in the spring, they will be 9 years old. Both carts sit 6 month of the year in storage 1 in WA the other in TX. I agree with phil57 if you get a 48V, go with the 8V batteries they seem to hold up much better than the 12V models. ymmv
04 Horizon QD, 12 Ford Flex, Excalibar, Brake-Pro, ,, Winter Texan, RVin! since 1974
Norm, Donna & Tinker Kat 74 MGB-GT, 75 MGB, 01 Z3
Life is a Timed Event, you only get One Go Around!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know much about golf carts, but we saw one at a campground that fit in the back of a campers pt cruiser. It seem to have alot of power and handled well when he took us for a ride. It is called a cricket.
It folds up as small as 58x32x28, weighs 303 #. You can go to their website cricketgo-ez.com.
It has been about 2yrs since we saw it an eventually would like to get one.
Lee & Diane
2005 Itasca Horizon AD
Columbia, CA
Diane98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #6
2007 and newer club car precedent electric is the way to go.
motohomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #7
Wow did not know the electric had so many voltage options. Anyone have a gas fuel injection model?
rubberduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:00 AM   #8

Check out this thread also

Cricket vs Kangacruz - portable golf carts
pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #9
Club car for sure if you live in rusty conditions it has a aluminum frame. Gas or electric? Batteries can run up to $1,000 bucks most camp grounds that due allow golf carts only allow electric. I have a lift tricked out club electric 30 mph and a ezgo rxv limo which is totally different from any other electric cart. My inlaws have a Yamaha electric and there grand kids have give it heck in the pasture. It will really depend on how it's going to be used and what options you want.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #10
Electric=Club car, Gas=Yamaha.

2005 Country Coach 40 foot Inspire 330
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote