RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #1

Golf cart carriers? What are you all using?

Iím towing a Jeep behind my motorhome and would like to figure out a way to bring my golf cart. Any ideas?

I ran across this but Iíd have to leave my Jeep at home.

https://www.mightyhauler.com/1200g.html

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #2

Or this?

http://www.discountramps.com/swivel-...ailer/p/SW-58/

Old 12-31-2017, 08:22 AM   #3

I ordered the MightyHauler 1200T Trike Motorcycle Carrier and will receive it Wed. If your's is a gasser I do not think you will be able to carry it. Call John and MightyHauler to confirm but I don't believe it will be supported. Remember that those type of carriers put alot of tongue weight on hitch and weigh 600lbs or more not counting the golf cart.

You might look at the attached link for the Swivelwheel 58 carrier.

https://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel
Bravesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:39 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i have a Jeep JK and GC and put my Cricket Golf Cart in side the Jeep. Here is a picture of it in my CRV but I have had it in both Jeeps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	discovery - 1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	436.7 KB
ID:	187324  
Past RVs 2006 21 Foot BT Cruiser Class C - 2015 Montana 3711 - 2016 Grand Design 310GK-R
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesoul View Post
I ordered the MightyHauler 1200T Trike Motorcycle Carrier and will receive it Wed. If your's is a gasser I do not think you will be able to carry it. Call John and MightyHauler to confirm but I don't believe it will be supported. Remember that those type of carriers put alot of tongue weight on hitch and weigh 600lbs or more not counting the golf cart.

You might look at the attached link for the Swivelwheel 58 carrier.

https://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel

Those little lawnmower tires donít look like their built for 80mph on the interstate. Have you used one before?
Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 AM   #6

I haven't used one but my wife had the same question. I don't doubt that they will hold up having a DP gave me more options. I didn't want to spend the $ on a hydralift but wanted something that would haul my trike and be able to lift up out of the way when parked.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:36 AM   #7

Similar to CWSwine we have our Kangacruz in the back of our CRV. This is larger than the Cricket and you would need to check if it fits in the Jeep.

CWS-How are those chains used on the sides of the ramps? What is that underneath the left ramp? The red/white thing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0884.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	187329  
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:39 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Similar to CWSwine we have our Kangacruz in the back of our CRV. This is larger than the Cricket and you would need to check if it fits in the Jeep.

CWS-How are those chains used on the sides of the ramps? What is that underneath the left ramp? The red/white thing.
The chains prevent the ramps from sliding off the rear bumper. We use the carts power to load it in the back of the Jeep and when the front wheels are in the Jeep and rear wheels on the ramps applying power to the rear wheels can cause the ramps to move. We use them for safety and piece of mind. Our ramps fold in three sections and the red & white thing is warning label on the side of the ramp. We put the ramps in plastic tub and store them in the basement of our coach.

I do like yours that power closes/opens, ours can be difficult at times if we don't spray it some lube.

The cricket weights in at 310 lbs so with the Cricket in the Jeep still have 500 pounds of cargo capacity left over from the famous yellow payload sticker. During our normal use it needs charging about every week or so. We love ours and have drawn a crowd while loading and unloading and it won me few beers with non believers saying that it won't fit.

When we bought ours I was non believer also and I told they guy if you can put in the back of my CRV and I can back to the RV park I will write you check on the spot. He Did - I Did
Past RVs 2006 21 Foot BT Cruiser Class C - 2015 Montana 3711 - 2016 Grand Design 310GK-R
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know the manufacturer, but I've seen pictures of tow dollies that had a platform to carry a golf cart on and then the ramps behind the golf cart that carried the front wheels of your towed vehicle. Obviously this means you can't flat tow 4 down, but does allow you to do what you want to do.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:48 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have/use the Hydralift HLA platform lift for our Garia LSV which weighs 1,200 lbs.

Name:	IMG_2403.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	187394
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:00 AM   #11

I am considering the MightlyHauler 1200 for my trike also. Any thoughts / recommendations? I wish the platform was not solid, thus when folder up it would not interfere with air flow to the engine. Heat may be a challenge?
GarnettFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We own a swivel wheel DW58. I put track down the the platform and hail my golf cart and Jeep behind. Contact cruiser-lift out of Texas. Or go to Cruiserlift.com - Carrier / Hauler / Loader Transportation Systems. They can answer all your Questions.

Jim
patraveler84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I don't know the manufacturer, but I've seen pictures of tow dollies that had a platform to carry a golf cart on and then the ramps behind the golf cart that carried the front wheels of your towed vehicle. Obviously this means you can't flat tow 4 down, but does allow you to do what you want to do.
It's called Deck over Dolly trailer. They come in lengths from a four ft deck up to a ten footer. We have a six ft one for a motorcycle and a Ford Fiesta. Works great.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM1N1 View Post
I’m towing a Jeep behind my motorhome and would like to figure out a way to bring my golf cart. Any ideas?

I ran across this but I’d have to leave my Jeep at home.

https://www.mightyhauler.com/1200g.html
I have the MightyHauler 1200T that I bought May 2018 to carry my CanAm Trike but I totaled it last year so I am selling it. It was modified by the factory to carry the trike as it is wider than a regular trike (ie: Honda or Harley Trike). The winch setup is included, this raises the platform when not in use. It is also capable of towing a toad flat four down. If anyone is interested it in please let me know (bravesoul1950@gmail.com), I have a total of $4800 in it but am willing to sell for $3500.