Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrock
GoLight Roof Spot Light RadioRay Not Working

Anyone know how to trouble shoot the roof spotlight. When I purchased coach 6 months ago I used the remote and the light came on but light barely moved. Dealer said the remote needed new batteries. Put new batteries in it finally and nothing. .No movement or light It is made by GoLight. INC and the remote says RadioRay on it. Tried to find a match online but nothing no model number its black about 6 inch square with hand held remote. Anyone know how to trouble shoot these rascals? Thanks!

mrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
My spot never worked for me- not even the light let alone the remote. I'd like to know more, too. There's definitely times when I could use it!

Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
You do know that the key has to be on.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrock
Tried that even starte dengine same result no work
mrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Freightliner Owners Club
The seller of ours lost the remote to ours. Called GoLight and they e-mailed me a check list of items I needed to find on the light itself in order to know the right remote for me. I ordered it along with an extra bulb and it worked to my disbelief! It sticks a little though. The key does have to be on. GoLight was real easy to work with. If yours turned on and barely moved that tells me you probably have a wiring problem. Check the wire going into the light. Could be they are worn or weather has caused a short.
02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Replaced my remote Also ...... Go lite has instructions on their web site ... They all seem to be the same . Cut power to go lite and then turn on the power while holding down the remote power button .. This matches the remote to the go lite internal radio receiver I had trouble locating the right fuse so I was doing some other work and cut the wire to the go lite and reconnected while holding down the power on button ( 2 people)
The fact that it didn't move well before , I doubt was the remotes fault. I would think the motor in the golite was the problem but that's just a guess.

2003 Beaver Marquis

BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote