Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #1

gonna get a different coach!!

well i have researched the Alfa Gold model 1008 and read many bad reviews about delamination and air conditioning not keeping up.. well we do live in the north freezing climate and yes there is a few little blisters on the storage doors but not on the coach siding or panels...and this coach is a 2007 model and has two roof air conditioners!! i have not seen another with those..are they an option?? or added as it has the basement air and precision temp water system.. well any way. my wife fell in love with it and i really liked it also... and after first day looking at it i did the research and found only bad reviews except for the people who actually owned them... so did two hour inspection next day and found nothing wrong... now we are trading our '97 London aire on this. and we paid 35g for it... we had a miss hap and collected $15,700 from insurance. as the passenger side storage doors got a good bit of damage.
Well asking price was 128g last month when looked and now on clearance for 99g. and the offered after back and forth a difference of 68g with full PDI and every thing addressed.Also full service for gen set and engine and trans. and i can get a loan for 3.9 interest for 12 yrs at Credit union. but will just pay off after a year after settling business venture.. then will be full time..now the last 4 yrs its only been 2 months at a time. in winter.
i know people talk also about the drawers aren't dovetailed but i have been house builder since '80 and the way they are not gonna be a problem. any way with the way it looks and drives i will be happy.. so much nicer than the London aire. but also 10 years newer.. will post some pics after delivery. if any one is interested..jeff
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2016, 05:36 AM   #2

Congrats on your soon new to you Motorhome. I am glad you and DW found a newer model that works for you. We all have different needs and sometimes we get caught up in brand loyalty and forget we are not buying the coach. I hope you get many years of service out of it and look forward to your posting the pictures.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:16 AM   #3

I too, read all the bad press and bought a 2007 Alfa 1007. My wife loves the large slide and the big windows. I love the way it rides. I too am a fix it kinda guy and I have tightened up and lubed many things so far. We are going on a year with it and no regrets at all. Good luck and have fun.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:55 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I too have been looking at the Alfas Been looking for almost a year. Saw a few in tough shape last winter in AZ, kind of depressing. Never saw anything about a 1008,1007 models but will check them out.
Hope you don't get one of those bad ones. I never saw any bad write up's about them.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
If the coach has both basement and roof air, roof units were an owner addition.
Which is good, as parts are tough to come by for the basement units. Is this a MB engined coach? Remember it's all about buying right $$. Market resale value is set by selling price, and those opinions do have effect on it.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #6

thanks for reassurance. . it has the cummins isl 400. have to check date code on tires tonight on test drive again.. here is the ad from dealer. we did look at it last fall.
http://www.capitalrv.com/2007-lifest...er-nd-i1521781
Old 08-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Nice..if you like Alfa's, Gold's the one to have.....
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

We looked at Alfas. My impression is that most of the units with really problematic delamination were a bit earlier. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #9

Looks nice. Are you tall folks? That was a selling point for Alfa...the high ceiling. Otherwise, keep a step stool handy to get into those high cabinets. Enjoy!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
well i have researched the Alfa Gold model 1008 and read many bad reviews about delamination and air conditioning not keeping up.. well we do live in the north freezing climate and yes there is a few little blisters on the storage doors but not on the coach siding or panels...and this coach is a 2007 model and has two roof air conditioners!! i have not seen another with those..are they an option?? or added as it has the basement air and precision temp water system.. well any way. my wife fell in love with it and i really liked it also... and after first day looking at it i did the research and found only bad reviews except for the people who actually owned them... so did two hour inspection next day and found nothing wrong... now we are trading our '97 London aire on this. and we paid 35g for it... we had a miss hap and collected $15,700 from insurance. as the passenger side storage doors got a good bit of damage.
Well asking price was 128g last month when looked and now on clearance for 99g. and the offered after back and forth a difference of 68g with full PDI and every thing addressed.Also full service for gen set and engine and trans. and i can get a loan for 3.9 interest for 12 yrs at Credit union. but will just pay off after a year after settling business venture.. then will be full time..now the last 4 yrs its only been 2 months at a time. in winter.
i know people talk also about the drawers aren't dovetailed but i have been house builder since '80 and the way they are not gonna be a problem. any way with the way it looks and drives i will be happy.. so much nicer than the London aire. but also 10 years newer.. will post some pics after delivery. if any one is interested..jeff
Been there;,Congrats on your new motor home , I'm adding a couple of pages from the 2015 Motorhome guide. They have really good write ups, and had a great following! The company like most, wasn't able to weather the recession and went out of business. They were definitely thought of as a high end motor home. I've talked to numerous people who have them and love em. Regards Marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	136377   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	104
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	136378  

Old 08-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #11

thanks again.. test drive today was very good.. it was real windy and it felt planted, my older London aire was not in this class. but of course non from the me were. '97 to '07 is big difference in advances. And the difference between two level Jake Brake and exhaust brake is pretty telling.. now the PDI for Keeren {the tech working on it} starts. i talked to him in another coach today and i really liked his attitude. so i am confident he will do good..
Old 08-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Nice looking rig!